1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SORRY BOUT THAT!!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by ethek, Mar 21, 2003.

1. ethek

ethek New Member

I didn't realize that I was breaking the rules...I don't actually have any product to sell, or promote....just trying to get feedback on the music.

Again..I apologize...and will refrain from those sort of posts in the future!

God Bless [​IMG]

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No harm done, and this thread is a good sign. [​IMG]

3. JN1633

JN1633 New Member

Hi Ethek, Just wanted to let you know that I too was one of those "If it ain't a hymn, it's of the world crowd" I condemned any and everything especially music that didn't meet my holy standards (which means I was a good IFB and respected in their circles) But The Lord finally showed me, it's not about a music style or a music beat it's about the message ...period..if the True Gospel Message can be heard over the music no matter what kind of music it is, then I guarantee you that no matter what man thinks, Jesus is glorified! Just for the record even if you're only singing southern gospel emphasising the hymns, there will be IFBers that will turn to the old -1-3 or 2-4 beat of the song to critisize you...keep looking up!

4. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    i guess we can still pick up where we left off in the previous closed topic. [​IMG]

[​IMG] Ethek.

WOndering, as an enforcer of the law, what you believe about crime and punishment, justice, etc. [​IMG]

5. LAWC

LAWC New Member

Ethek,
    do you like Cross Movement? They are probally my favorite hip/hop Christian group. Their ministry is absolutley amazing. Their lyrics are very solid. They also have an incredible urban ministry.
    I get very frustrated with the typical caucasian Christian mentality that say that hip hop is evil. They have no idea. For the most part, I know that they have never done any sort of urban or african american ministry. We need to embrace different cultures and reach them for the gospel instead of critizing their non-caucausian roots, trying to convert them to the caucausian "Christian culture" and and upon conversion condemn their culture. We are to be transformed by the Holy Spirit, correct, however, that does not mean a "white transformation". Jesus fellowshiped with sinners...that means he went into their homes and took part in their culture, then showed them the Way. For the most part white Christian Americans are comfortable in their white suburban churches, singing white hymns, while a dying world is dying to hear the gospel. myself included. Historically, revival started in the city. Paul, he went to the city. The city then influenced the rest of the world...that can be a good influence or a bad one...Christians have the opportunity for amazing urban ministries...but we neglect it, turn our back on the urban culture and turn up our noses and condemn. I guess I am startng to sound like Jim Cymbala...so I'll stop now...by the way "Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire" awesome read by Cymbala. Plant urban churches!