1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soul Member

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by D.R., Feb 18, 2003.

1. D.R.

D.R. New Member

Hey guys,

I am a student at New Orleans Baptist Seminary and I was wondering if anyone had heard about "Soul Member," what they had heard, and what they think about it. It is some type of covenant that the Big 6 signed last year that basically says that any decision made by the Board of Trustees of a seminary can be overruled by the Executive Committe of the SBC. I think some of the seminary presidents who signed it are now protesting it. Chuck Kelly, the president here at NOBTS has not signed it yet and has been advised by his brother-in-law (Paige Patterson of SEBTS) not to do so. I believe he must appear before the Executive Committee sometime in the next month or so to explain why his seminary will not sign it. The word on the street is that if he refuses the Executive Committee can see fit to cut funding from the institution. I was just wondering what ya'lls thoughts were on the matter,
    WE HOLLA
    dr