1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soul Winning Method

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by DeafPosttrib, Mar 17, 2006.

1. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

I would like to open discussion about this.

In my early Christian life. I attended an independent fundamental baptist church. I do soul winning, witness to people lot.

I was also a student at Midwestern Baptist College in Pontiac, MI.

I notice baptists always witness to people by use Romans Road, like as 'a-b-c' of a simple plan of salvation.

When after a baptist leads person to Christ after 'sinner's prayer'. Then, a baptist saying to a person, "Congralution! Now you are SAVED!"

Is that what the Bible teaching? Soon, I will show you seevral passages mentioned about witnessing to a person.

First, I would like to discuss about the topic - http://faithfulwordbaptist.org/easybelievism.html

I recently read this.

It says:

Not always.

Depend on what you interpreting the Scripture about the doctrine of salvation. I know many Methodists, Pentecostals, Nazarentes, Catholics, Lutherans(myself was a Lutheran when I was young), etc. do BELIEVE Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and they BELIEVE Christ actual risen from the dead. I do not consider everyone of them are go to hell, NOT because of not agree with eternal security doctrine.

My mother is a Lutheran. She is a godly person, she doesn't act as religionly. But, she is so friendly and kind to people with true love. Mother always telling me about Jesus Christ. She told me, she strongly believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, and she believe Jesus Christ risen from the death, anbd He is alive. She does praying to Jesus at home, she does confess of her sins to Jesus often at home, not only at the church service.

Be careful what you saying about religions.

I do not agree with all religions of their doctrines. Even, I do NOT agree with both IFB & SBC's doctrines. But, doctrines have do nothing with salvation. The most important thing, that we have to FAITH on Lord Jesus Christ only.

Also, the site says:

Be careful what saying of them.

No. Not always.

Many religions do not agree with IFB's doctrine of security salvation, but, that do not mean that they are not saved.

Understand, every religions have different opinions, views about salvation and the doctrines, as what they intepreting scripture differently.

I do know many religions are on the way to hell, because they trusting their OWN good works and life, not depending on Jesus Christ. That's sad.

Also, the site says:

Be careful, what you saying. :(

The first part, I agree with it - "a person must put their faith 100% in Jesus Christ in order to be saved and go to Heaven..." . Yes that is biblical for salvation.

Many IFB accuse on people who do not believe in security salvation, such as arminianists that they believe in good works going to heaven.

That is not true. Arminians don't believe in earning good works or follow laws in the order going to Heaven. They believe in going to heaven by believing and have faith in Christ include with repent also. That's it, plus nothing.

I would like to discuss about IFB's method on soul winning. I notice IFB always saying to a person when after 'sinner's prayer' and accepted Christ, "Congralution! You are now already saved!" It sounds like as person is already automatic saved at once are on the way to heaven, no matter what. That is called, security salvation.

Myself was used to believe in security salvation for a long time. Till I left security camp only 4 years ago.

I want to show you something about passages in the Bible explaining about witnessing to a person.

In John chapter 3. Pharisee Nicodemus came to Jesus, and want to know more about Christ's life. Christ told him, 'Ye must be born again'. This passage nothing say anything what happened to Nicodemus' salvation result. But, we know there is another passage, that Nicodemus and Joseph both did helping wrapped Christ's body after Calvary. No doubt, Nicodemus actually believed in Christ. I believe he is now in the Heaven.

John chapter 4 - Christ witnessed to a Samaratian woman. She brought her people from the village, to heard Christ's lecture. Many believed in Christ - John 4:39. But, it doesn't say that all of them were "saved". Are everyone of her town, already in the heaven because John 4:39 saying so. Well, we will see and find out in the heaven.

What about Pentacost Day of Acts chpater 2? When Peter preached to the people of Jesus Christ. Acts 2:41 tells us, "Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were ADDED unto them about three thousand souls."

Often, I heard IFB saying of Acts 2:41, there wwre 3,000 souls SAVED and baptized same day. But, I didn't see word, "saved" in verse 41.

Several IFB churches doing "Pentacost Day" on the early May of every year for special day of great result of souls saved and baptized.

I heard about the story of Dr. Jack Hyles and his church - First Baptist Church of Hammond, IN.

In year around 1996. Hyles wanted his staffs to win over 5,000 souls during a Sunday service. On Pentcost Day in the service, it reported, there was over 5,400 souls saved, and 1,300 baptized same day. Hyles boatsed for break the record of Acts 4:4. But, that was not all. In 1998, Hyles doing it again. His church reported, there was over 15,000 souls and 5,400 baptized during a Sunday service.

Are ALL 15,000 people actual already saved?? Only God knows.

I remember when I was student at Midwestern Baptist College. My friend(student) told me, he was raise up in Gary, Indiana about 10 minutes away from First Baptist Church(FBC). When he was about 9 years old. He was brought to that church. He was witnessed by a man, then was baptized same day. But, he said, he doesn't understand him, because he witnessed TOO FAST. He was not actual saved at the first place.

Then many years later. He was in military in Philippines Islands. One day, a missionary witnessed him about Jesus Christ. He witnessed him took about 30 to 35 minutes, it tooks him more time to understand the gospel. Then, he finally understand, and received Christ.

I fear that FBC misleading thousands, thousands of Chicago are on the way to hell, because of wrong method of witnessing.

Now back to God's Word about witnessing to a person.

In Acts chapter 8, Philip witnessed to Eunuch of Jesus Christ. Then, Eunich asked him, what hinder him from being baptized? Philip told him, "If you believe with all your heart seriously, you can." Then, Eunuch said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." - verse 37.

Then, immediately, Philip baptized Eunuch in the pond, and suddenly Philip was caught up away by the Spirit.

Notice, the passage doesn't saying that when after Eunuch believd in Christ, and Philip says to him, "Now you are saved!"

Also, there is another passage about Cornelius in Acts chapter 10. He was so serious in his praying, and he was very desire want to know more about God, he was fasting for four days. God called Peter by vision, that He wanted Peter go to see Cornelius. So, He went to see Cornelius. When Peter met him, and he said to him, "Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God." - vs. 31. Notice, Peter didn't saying to Cornelius, "Congralution, now you are already saved."

Also, there is another passage in Acts chapter 16 about Paul and Silas were in the jail. When the earthquake striked jail, all gates of the jail were open. Prisoners ran out of the jail. The soldier have no choice to stop them, because he knew Romans' law, if a prisoner flees, soldier must be put to death(execution). So, he was about to strike with his sword in his body. But, Paul and Silas stopped him. Then, a soldier said to them, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved"? He was not talking about heaven or his next destiny. He was asking about to save his risk or dangerous because of break Romans' law, would have to face execution.

Then, they said to him, "BELIEVE on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou SHALT BE SAVED, and thy house." - Acts 16:31.

They didn't saying to him that, he would have to obey the laws, ten commadments, good works, etc. They told them, he only can do is BELIEVE on Lord Jesus Christ, and WILL BE SAVED.

When after they baptized soldier and his family. They did not saying to them, "Congralution! you are all now SAVED!"

In Romans 10:9-13 is often use for soul winning of "sinner's prayer". Notice, Romans 10:9 tells us, if any person confess with mouth and heart with serious, believe that God have raised Christ from the dead, and you WILL BE SAVED. Paul doesn't saying, "Then you be saved." Paul told us, if we confess with our mouth and heart believe that God raised Christ from the dead, and then we WILL BE SAVED(future sense). Obivously, it doesn't saying it is already automatic already saved at onced.

Notice Romans 10:10 very important. It says, "For with the heart man believETH unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." It tells us, that person is very seriously with heart and be repent of sins, and give testify and admit that Jesus Christ is the Lord that would lead the result of salvation.

Also, a person have to be continue believing in Christ with confess daily throughout life. What if a person stopped believing in Christ shall be cut off - John 15:6 & Romans 11:19-23.

Romans 10:13 tells us, if anyone will call upon the Lord, WILL BE SAVED.

Once called on the Lord already is not being automatically already saved once at one time. It tells us, that we have to faith and confess to the Lord with our mouth and with our heart(seriously).

Philippians 2:10-11 telling us, EVERY PERSON from everywhere- heaven, earth, and hell shall bow before the Lord, and to confess that Christ is the Lord. That will be at the judgment day follow at Christ's coming.

When we witnessing to a person. We must telling to a person of the gospel. The gospel is about the good news of Jesus Christ. We have to explaining to a perosn about sin, why we all have to die and what our sins will be leading to. Warning them about hell. Then, tell them the good news of Jesus Chrust, what he already done for us- Calvary, and also, he raised for us. Telling to a person, that a person have to repent of sins, turn away from sins and put faith on Jesus Chirst, have to believe on Christ, ask Christ for forgive sins, and believe that Christ died and risen for us.

When after a person praying to God. We shall [/B]NEVER, NEVER[/B] SAY to a person, "FINALLY! You are now already SAVED!" That is baptist's method of soul winning. That is not biblical's way.

Why? Because it is bad habit to saying of a thing to a person relates with security salvation.

I already seeing so many people were witnessing by baptists are now falling away, thought they are already "Saved" because of what they told them so. That is a bad influence.

What we can do to a person, just cheer a person up, and also to EXHORT a person come to church, and to discipline to a person. NOT LEFT A PERSON OUT!! Too many IFB churches did leave person out just after witnessed lead to salvation. That is a bad influence!

We must follow base on the Bible's way of witnessing to a person, not doing bad habit of saying, "You are now saved!" That is bad influence from security salvation.

Let's sticky with God's Word of the old fashion way of witnessing the gospel to the people of Jesus Christ!

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

We can only witness,that is we are introducers.It is the Holy spirit that convicts and Jesus who saves.

As to those of us who are either calvinist,arminian,calminean,or Biblicists,it is God who saves and keeps,our theology does not matter accept that we try as best we can to keep it in line with God's Holy Word.When we get to heaven THEN our theology will be just right.