1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soul Winning

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by bb_baptist, Aug 9, 2001.

1. bb_baptist

bb_baptist New Member

Even if I were utterly selfish, and had no care for anything but my own happiness, I would choose if I might under God to be a soul winner, for never did I know perfect overflowing, unalterable happiness of the purest and most enabling order till I first heard of one who had sought and found the Saviour through my means. No young mother ever rejoiced over her first-born child, no warrior was ever so exultant over a hard-won victory.

- C.H. Spurgeon

2. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Speaking of soul winning...I am finally going to take that leap of faith and start going out on visitations! I want to prepare myself tho, I don't want to get in someone's face and not have a clue as to what to say! Anyone got any suggestions? Does anyone have a simple plan of salvation outline that I can study? I would REALLY appreciate any help! Thanks!

Kathy
    <><

3. the 'I AM' hath sent me

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kathy:
    Speaking of soul winning...I am finally going to take that leap of faith and start going out on visitations! I want to prepare myself tho, I don't want to get in someone's face and not have a clue as to what to say! Anyone got any suggestions? Does anyone have a simple plan of salvation outline that I can study? I would REALLY appreciate any help! Thanks!

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pray, Pray, Pray, Pray. and when you think you've done enough praying to go out and witness.....Pray some more.

We need that full armour of God on when we go out with the Gospel.

I've only led one person to the Lord personally..It was my sister. I haven't seen much fruit in her, but she said she was coming to my Church this Sunday. Praise God!

Memorize and recite Jeremiah 1:8-9 KJV.
    We are commanded to go out and Preach the Gospel(Mark 16:15), so we must Trust and Depend on Him for the way in which to speak and the Words to speak.

God Bless and I'll be praying for you.

Kenneth &lt;&gt;&lt;

:D

4. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Thank you Kenneth for your advice, encouragement and mostly for your prayers! I truly appreciate it!

I took a class called "Fishers of Men - Outreach Training" in 1997 and couldn't remember a THING! I went thru some of my old stuff and I found ALL of my notes!!! YAHOOO!! So, I'm studying (AND PRAYING :D ) to get ready for my "baptism" into the mission field!

Kathy
    &lt;&gt;&lt;

5. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

HI Kathy! Kenneth has some great advice. I hope this fall to spend alot more time getting experience in our mission field (the world) and less time learning theology. My prayers are with you!!!

:D

Until Next Post, Adam

6. Missionary to Mexico

Dear Kathy,
    To lead someone to Christ you need to follow four basic steps. First, share that they are a sinner. Romans 3:23. Second share that for their sins they deserve to go to hell. Romans 6:23, Rev. 21:8. Third, that Christ died for their sins. Romans 5:8. And last, that they ONLY need to trust Christ. Romans 10:9-10 and Eph. 2:8-9. Missionary to Mexico

7. Brother Adam

Brother Adam New Member

A good example of a generic set of questions and scripture to use while witnessing:

Witnessing

Until Next Post, Adam

8. myreflection26

myreflection26 New Member

I would like to share some thoughts on this and yet don't wish to upset anyone here. Obviously if God leads otherwise you should do what he leads you to do.

I really feel door to door soul winning is not only outdated but actually harmful to the church now. Before your defenses get up keep in mind this is only my opinion and not something I'm trying to make anyone accept.

Now days families do not have much time as it is with work, school and school activities and when they get home to relax the last thing I think they want is someone at thier door wanting to share their faith with them. Last Saturday my husband, son and myself were sleeping in due to a very late night and we were woke up from a knock on our door which happened to be JW's. I can't tell you how annoyed we were and my husband basically went along with it to get them off the porch so he could get back to sleep.

Now, I realize that JW's are a bit different than Christian belief but the same principle still remains that most people don't want bothered. I feel the church should take a different approach to this and instead of door to door, why not reach out to the community by helping them in tangable and practical ways and providing food or other necessities for every day living and in the process share Jesus with them.

How shocked someone would be to open their door and instead of you sharing your tracts simply have a box of food and goodies such as school supplies for the kids and just say we wanted to bless you and your family today and pray for God's blessings in your life. You could let them know what church your from and perhaps see if it might be possible to contact them sometime.

These are only thoughts I've had about this, I know every church has a particular way of doing things and thats fine and I'm sure they all have a certain ammount of success in doing so...no matter what the case is..Blessings in sharing Jesus!!

Sue

9. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

Kathy,

I hesitate giving this link, because I am very hesitant in recommending anyone that is not KJVO, nor Baptist.
    However, I think he was at the time he did these sermons on witnessing.

I guess that sounds funny coming from a died in the wool KJVO Baptist but if I do error, I want it to be on the side of equipping someone to witness to the lost, and he is the best I have ever found.

http://raycomfort.com/home.shtml

Please listen to Hells Best Kept Secrit.

[ August 27, 2001: Message edited by: Larry ]