1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soulless?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by menageriekeeper, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

It is interpretation and not translation, and it is based on what you already believe and not on what it says.

I can show you numerous Greek scholars (both those who are Christian and those who know the language) who will tell you they are the same thing.

My electronic copy of the CLV is an interlinear, but I can also pick up my bound copy of the NA27, and would you care to guess what it says?

Of course, "wine" is "grape juice" and "soul" and "life" are different, if you want them to be.

The soul is the life of man. It's about as plain as it can be, unless you don't want it to be.

So, I guess animals just have bodies, and the animals in heaven have nothing but a body and they are simply magically animated, eh?

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're welcome to your opinion. I don't feel like fighting about it. It's a pretty minor doctrine, after all!

I am amazed, though, that you can read my mind both across the ocean and across time and find out what I first believed on the issue before I first considered it many years ago. :rolleyes: :D

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Well, simply put, if you look at what is written, then you would not have that opinion. That's pretty simple.