1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sources Identify Major as Gunman in Deadly Shooting Rampage at Fort Hood

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Yeah. I feel that way.
    My God IS God.
    Rebuttal?

2. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

"Did you see what he wrote".
    "Mommy...Nonsequitur said something I didn't like."
    "He's attacking everyone and is a bully."
    "I'm shocked, puzzled, and have no...........
    well, I have no idea how to take him or what to say to him. Or have any idea how to rationally debate him."
    "Daddy? Will you ban him please? He scares me."
    "When he said he wanted to meet Aaron.....welll. I just know he will hurt him,....and you know...... I want, well, what he said to mean that...even though,....oh I don't know...just make the scary man go away."

Cod-Brain.

Or as 'Bill the Cat used to say'....."Thhhhiiiipppppsssssssttttttt!':tongue3:

3. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Gee, I'll save you some time.
    Any who worship allah are wrong.
    Who cares if they are violent or not?
    Jesus is the only Son of God.
    He is the only one for our Salvation.
    Who cares if the followers of a false religion adhere to their false bible?
    Sheesh!

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen. :godisgood:

5. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

................Amen.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

If an Army psychologist has ptsd from simply listening to the war experiences of combat tried soldiers then he or she needs to resign his or her commission and go home. I'm with Jedi. What a crock. In fact, I'll add to it. What a crock of bull chips!!!

8. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Indirect PTSD is a valid diagnosis even if technically it does not meet the fine print of DSM IV (the bible of psychiatry) criteria. Maybe DSM V which is expected to be released in 2012 will modify the definition to account for indirect PTSD. Whether Hasan had indirect PTSD or not is another matter.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

I have little use for DSM IV. They're busy justifying perversions in that "manual." (it won't surprise me if pedophilia is considered "acceptable" in DSM V).

When they're getting stuff like that wrong...why would I consider them authoritative anywhere else?

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I can't imagine anyone would disagree with that.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

By that reckoning, we should likewise expel Jews, Mormons, and Buddhists, and Jehovah's Witnesses from the milirary, since they all worship a false god.

12. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's the best you can do to support the notion that it's okay to deny American Citizens of their rights by tossing them in internment camps, based on nothing more than ethnic makeup?

#112 Johnv, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
  13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hardly. But it does show that for all your boasting you really don't know what you're talking about.

14. Spinach

Spinach New Member

Well, at least the name calling is a little more mature than "Rubber" and "Glue", eh?

15. RAdam

RAdam New Member

It is sad that people cannot or will not understand the difference between a person of Japanese decent that had asssimilated into American society and loved this country and a person born here who adheres to a religion that is openly hostile to our country and that we are now at war against. The Muslim that follows the teachings of the Koran isn't going to go fight against other Muslims following the teachings of the Koran and for us to expect different is either stupidity or willfull ignorance.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Hmmm, you said:

...it was not only permissible, but it was necesary to put American citizens who were Japanese in internment camps.

...it was permissible to intern American citizens who were Japanese, but not do the same with German Americans.

... "We weren't fighting the Germans. We were fighting the Nazis. The German people were for us, but the Japanese people were against us." so it was okay to deny US citizens their rights.

And you're claiming I don't know what I'm talking about. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Funny you mention that, because Aaron certainly does not. He views them as one and the same.
    Again, there are some 20,000 Muslims Americans serving in our armed forces, and many of them are in Afghanistan and Iraq, most serving proudly. My neighbor is an American born Muslim, who just returned from Afghanistan, where he served with distinction.

If a native born Muslim American enlists, let him serve. If his religion requires him to conciously object, then he should be treated like any other enlistee who refuses to follow orders.

#116 Johnv, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2009
  17. RAdam

RAdam New Member

His religion requires him to kill, lie, and do other horrible acts for the furtherance of his religion.

18. Johnv

Johnv New Member

About once a week, I eat dinner at a restaurant run by a Muslim family. Best burgers in town! I've been eating there for about 2 years. They know I'm Christian.

My physician is a Muslim. I've been seeing him for ten years. He's a Muslim. He knows I'm a Christian.

My wife's physician is a Muslim. He graduated at the top of his class from the University of Lebanon. He saved my wife's life last year when she required emergency surgery for a hiatal hernia. He knew she was a Christian.

Three years ago, I was in an auto accident. The accident happenned outside a mosque. Several Muslim men ran out and pulled me from the wreckage. I was dazed and confused, but I was okay. They wouldn't leave me alone until the ambulance arrived.

My neighbors are Muslim. We've exchanged recipes, borrowed power tools, and do all those things that neighbors do. They've had every chance to do something to sabotage my home or family, but haven't come close. They even rescued my dog once from almost getting hit by a stray car. They're the best neighbors I've ever had. They know I'm Christian.

You'd think that, if the Muslim religion required them to kill Christians, they would at least have tried it once. The men at the mosque could have just stood by and watched, like many others did that day I had my accident. The local eatery could have poisoned me without me ever knowing. My doctor has had many chances to give me substandard treatment. My neighbors could have given me bad food, or tried to break into my house, but haven't. My wife's doctor had every chance to allow my wife to die on the operating room table of natural causes. But he didn't. He did everything to save her life, and it worked! God bless him!!

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe you John.

#119 KenH, Nov 9, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  20. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Some won't. I've been told before by a poster "you shouldn't trust them". I've also been told not to eat at a Muslim eatery for the same reason. And when I shared my exprience of my Muslims brother in law coming to the Lord through me on his deathbed, I was accused of fabricating the story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.