1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sources: Nutt won't return to Arkansas as coach next season

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by KenH, Nov 17, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the quality of Arkansas high school football continues to improve it will greatly benefit the Razorbacks in becoming a consistently better football team.

2. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

thhhhhhhhhh

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Arkansas has to be able to recruit Memphis better. It's in their back yard. Memphis is 7 hours from Knoxville, so most of these kids won't come to UT. They can't get into Vandy. So that leaves the Bama, Auburn, the Miss schools and Ark to fight for them. But they've been going everywhere but Fayetteville. This hurts Ark. Tennessee and other schools have been able to recruit blue-chips out of Arkansas, so they've been behind the 8-ball in recruiting against the SEC powers. Unless you strike gold, you're going to be behind the Tennessees, Floridas, and Georgias. When your best year is being 5th in your conference, that says something.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    True. However, Texas is the place where Arkansas needs to really pick back up in recruiting. Back in the SWC days Texas athletes were a gold mine for the Porkers.

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Nutt has been on the "Hot Seat" for about a decade now----I think he should take the "buy out" from the "Pigs" and get out of Dodge---though if he ever writes his autobio---I'd like a copy!!!!

6. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think he'd be a good fiction writer. :)

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I agree, but if I recall correctly he didn't do well in the post season, I could be wrong, I going on my memory, which isn't always correct. I do know a lot of folks were not real happy or should I say a lot of my son's inlaws. Many were not happy with him getting near the top but not all the way, that is one of my problems with Ar. fans, we at Fl. spent years near the top but never at the top of the SEC. The lost to UCLA in the 87 ( I think that was the year) Cotton Bowl and the 89 Cotton Bowl game with the Volunteers, are two that come to mind.

I liked Ken as a coach, player and as a person.

#27 Bob Alkire, Nov 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2007
  8. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I just got off the phone with a friend from Ar. and he said Ken Hatfield has been seen a lot lately on campus. He was hoping that they would not bring him back, get a younger coach.
    He also said that the day after Ken Hatfield resigned as head coach at the University of Arkansas he took the job at Clemson. Also said Ken had a camp who wanted him at Ar. and a camp that didn't and it was about 50, 50, but at Clemson they were in accord on wanted him out and that Rice bought him out to get in another coach.