1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southeastern Baptist College

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by JRG39402, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Phil310

Phil310 New Member

A seminary does not have to have ATS accreditation to be accredited. They've held SACS accreditation for some time now.

Concerning the question about closed or open I'm assuming you're talking about communion. I'll have to check the "articles of cooperation" for churches but when I began working with the BMA I noticed it was in there. At the time I was closed communion but no longe hold that. Reason being, I'm no longer a landmarkist. However, we don't just invite anyone. I think the BMA is moving away from the closed communion view and it will soon be gone through attrition. It seems "close" commion churches reproduce themselves more than "closed" communion churches do.

Hope this helps.

2. deenville

deenville New Member

I am a member of a BMA church in Mississippi. I have visited Southeastern Baptist College in Laurel several times for meetings. I did not go to school there-I went to a four year college in my home town.

Southeastern has a good reputation with the people I am around in the BMA of Mississippi (I guess that is to be expected). Many of the BMA preachers take classes there while also being the pastor of their church. They are unable to aford to school full time.

Overall, I think it serves an important need in Mississippi.