1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern Baptist evangelism plan facing setbacks

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Dec 20, 2008.

1. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hi Dr. Bob

You said......
    I agree.

And a return to sound doctrine, starts with a return to a divine Bible.

2. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Personally, I think that we need to start thinking in generational terms. Fear of an imminent return of Christ has pushed us to use methods that are designed for immediate returns - not sustainment, and not something that passes from generation to generation.

Not only do we have a high rate of false conversion, but even among those that appear truly converted because they become faithful church members, there is a failure to propagate our faith to our children and children's children. And I don't think puppet shows and rock bands will keep our children in church. There has to be something that unifies us as a people of God cross-generationally.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The number of people who you say have "false conversions" and still attend church must be very low indeed, especially those who show a sustained over time effort for the local church. It is hard to understand why someone who is not saved would bother to spend time on Sunday mornings and evenings, Wednesday evenings, and whatever other time ministries took, if they were not saved. It is also hard to imagine those who tithe regularly being lost. Had I not been saved by the grace of God, I would not be spending my time, talents, and money at a local church.

As to the comment that conversion is demonstrated by actions, that means actions, thoughts and deeds, not at church, but at home and work, and wherever else one goes. Actions at church and work should be almost identical. Church actions for three hours a week (if that long) sometimes are not a true reflection of what is going on in the person's life.