1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Southern Baptist leader: Donald Trump a ‘lost’ soul’ who must repent

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you (can you?) read the thread title?

"Donald Trump is a lost soul who must repent".

Since he says he's not asked God for forgiveness, which I put down as he's never repented, I would say that yes, he's a lost soul that needs to repent. Do you agree with this or not? It is the subject of this thread, after all.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ITL, I would gladly put all personal attacks aside and have a logically reasoned ethical debate Zaac about the following:

But, you know and I know the tactics he will resort to avoid reasoning for the truth. You may attempt to condone his actions on this board while he goes about spewing such ignorant garbage and calling it biblical but I will not. I merely mimicked his type of argument above and even wrote a disclaimer about its true value and you follow by coming to defend him (from the mockery of the very tactics he uses) and playing the martyr for you and him This should be your and the other readers here first clue of what I was addressing with that satire and why.

Again, I would love to have an ethical debate about Zaac's offensive and incredibly ignorant argumentative rant he gave above against anti-abortion but if you don't understand that he would never allow for an ethical reasoned debate on the subject then you don't know him, understand his arguments methods and games nearly as well as you put on. I can only hope you are not on the same path.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac is pro-life, which, in his case means he's anti-abortion and anti-death penalty. Start a (another) thread on the death penalty and engage him.

4. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you believe his arguments against anti-abortion, which is typically backed by a purely fallacious false dilemma as I pointed out and to which he quickly responded to with more foolishness that "he doesn't have to reason for truth" is some kind of proof of him being "pro-life" then both of you seriously need to learn some critical thinking skills before attempting to debate this subject with me. Not to mention the vast Biblical ignorance it displays backed with the same poor reasoning skills. I am not interested in the unprofitable games of senseless argument allowed to him on this board that by his own admission is not geared toward drawing out the truth!!

If you think this demonstrates an argument from someone with the least bit of critical thinking skills and/or is sincerely interested in getting to the truth rather than an agenda of simply putting down a ignorant fight against Christians to fight against anti-abortion on an internet forum then you have a long way to go buddy before trying to correct my response to his nonsense:
    I don't have time to play with the foolish argumentative games he considers a "debate". I have much better uses for my time than trying to break that garbage down while he continues with his agenda of trolling here...

#104 Benjamin, Jun 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that kind of garbage was presented in a philosophy debate class as an argument they would wonder if it was supposed to be some kind of joke!! Sadly, some here appreciate it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing to DENY ... no basis of facts within your rant filled, judgmental, insulting response!!:Roflmao

7. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I AGREED .... you called this one right! He does not debate; he is constantly u his responses to provoke others, insult others and establish higher spiritual ground!

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wasn't the point of your conclusion, and that's what I'm dealing with, Zaac.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah. So's CBT. :Laugh:Laugh

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot speak for Others (though I am confident that many would agree), but the distinction is innocence. A condemned murderer who has violated the laws of his society deserves his punishment. A Baby who has not yet been born has not.

I suspect that you understand the reasoning but ignore it because it does not fit your argument.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Just for the sake of not having this go off track, I'm gonna exclude these "innocent" babies (Who don't exist as God says for ALL have sinned.) for a minute.

You're not innocent. No one on this board is innocent. Yet you and a lot of folks don't seem to have a problem accepting the grace and mercy that Jesus extended to you by hanging and dying on the Cross.

In accordance with Scripture you and I should be treated as condemned murderers also. Scripture says:

10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. 11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

12 Speak and act as those who are going to be judged by the law that gives freedom, 13 because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
    James 2:10-13

So when are you stepping in line for your well deserved death sentence?

13. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Offend Our Lord's Law, be subject to Its penalty/His mercy. Offend society's law, be subject to its penalty/mercy.

It is not difficult for most to understand.

#113 Rolfe, Jun 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Apparently it is as you and several others keep trying to say that Our Lord's Law condones capital punishment post Cross when it clearly DOES NOT.

So I ask again, when are you lining up for your capital punishment? Our Lord's Law says you're guilty of breaking the same laws as the society's law condemned murderer whose murder you advocate.

Our Lord's Law extends mercy to you for breaking the same of His laws as the man's law condemned murderer. So how again would you have the audacity( regardless of what the same government that sanctions abortion does) to advocate less punishment for yourself for breaking the same of God's law?

He extended YOU mercy. Why is your position as a follower of Christ who has been shown mercy not in opposition to the position of this wicked government that also advocates cracking the skulls of babies and sucking them from their mother's wombs?

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

YOU offended God's law and committed the same sin as did the condemned murderer. You have been shown mercy. So why do you not, as a Christian, advocate mercy as the right Christian position?

16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    maybe because the Lord Himself has stated to us what his views are on this subject, and that you are on the wrong side on this issue, just as you are also going against God on issues like gays/Lesbian/Transgener "rights"...

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does God consider a marriage between a man/man or a woman/woman then as being in a Covenant relationship, in same fashion as between a man and a woman?

And WHY would you even want this nation to go down this pathway of legitimizing all sorts of abominable practices, as every nation who did that in history fell apart!

And why would it be wrong to have a murderer put to death for his crimes, for paul stated to us in Romans the God has ordained that right unto the govt, and that was after the Cross!

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spiritual v. temporal, Zaac.

Ridiculous question. Why would you think that I would hide John 3:16 from anyone?

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is evident you lack the most important piece of fruit named in the NT: LOVE! Let me remind you of what Love is ... try eating from it's bowl, and emulating its manifestation when speaking to, addressing or even debating others on this board!

So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I’m bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
    Love cares more for others than for self.
    Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
    Love doesn’t strut,
    Doesn’t have a swelled head,
    Doesn’t force itself on others,
    Isn’t always “me first,”
    Doesn’t fly off the handle,
    Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
    Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
    Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
    Puts up with anything,
    Trusts God always,
    Always looks for the best,
    Never looks back,
    But keeps going to the end.

1 Co. 13:6-7

Once you return to the basics son, you will be able to cast your judgments towards other in a civil, cordial manner.If you are truly operating out of LOVE, I think your days of snarky, insulting comments will all but be gone!

I'm calling you out to start practicing what the Bible teaches about love! I hope this isn't responded to with more snarkiness, and or torn apart and responded to in a way that doesn't reflect the God, ALL of us serve and love! You don't have a monopoly on God, brother. your form of debating has long ago moved out of the arena of love, and into an arena of distasteful name-calling; innuendos; and vitriol, which is a shame because I see you as being intelligent and more than capable of presenting a view that doesn't need to insult the intelligence or the beliefs of those you attack without just cause!

I pray you can find your way back to civil debating, because it will help you and the board in the long run! Shalom!

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Nope. The only reason temporal comes into play is because you need it to make an excuse. The word of God makes clear that you deserve the same death as one convicted to receive capital punishment by the secular government . YOU just seem to think your breaking God's law is different.

A ridiculous answer designed to avoid answering the question. IS your sin special? Why don't you advocate death for yourself as you've broken the same law as the ones you're okay with advocating death as their punishment from a secular government?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.