1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Southern Baptist TS

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by StefanM, May 18, 2006.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Founders Cafe is a MUST stop...right across from the Lifeway on campus.
    As for food, i would suggest Mark's Feed Store; there is one on Bardstown Road and one on Shelbyville Road.

Oh yeah...the prof visits wouldn't hurt either.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had a good visit. I spoke with Dr. Vogel (a preaching professor), and I enjoyed the time. The visit has definitely bumped SBTS to the top in my mind.

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Dang, if I had known you were going to visit with Dr. Vogel I would have had you put in a good word for me. He is teaching my next doctoral seminar in June. Oh well...

Glad your visit went well. What other schools are you considering?

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He seems like a wonderful man. I'd be glad to study under him.

I've also seriously considered Southeastern. I've pretty much ruled out the other 4 SBC seminaries.

5. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Dr. Akin is leading Southeastern very well. But sorry...it's just not Southern [​IMG]

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

This past week I had a DMin seminar at Southern. Our cohort was allowed to tour Dr. Mohler's library. It was simply amazing. I had heard a lot about his library, but never dreamed it was anything like that. He was in his office working when we got there and he came out and talked to all of us and showed us some of his rare treasures. It was one of the highlights of my time in the DMin program. If any of you ever get the chance to tour his library, by all means take it! ! !

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Well now that you are in good standing, tell him I want to come visit his library - I love good libraries.

:saint:

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

One or two of the shelves in there was made from a very old tree that had to be cut down to make room for the Heritage Hall addition to the Honeycutt Center.