1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sovereign in Salvation

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by OldRegular, Mar 10, 2005.

1. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Wes.

Even after God says He has sworn an oath that He would not atone for Eli's house you say He did.
    I never said you did I? I said that after God swore an oath that He would not provide an atonement for Eli's house you say He did. Even after God says He has sworn an oath that He would not atone for Eli's house you say He did. That's the point. I have not spoken about the effect of the atonement just that God said He would not and you say He did.
    Prove it.

ILUVLIGHT
    Yea I know thanks! :cool:
    Look at that! Wes says I am saying Eli's house is forgiven and you say I say he was lost? But don't think I use scripture to support Calvinism because Calvinism is scripture and it supports me. :cool:
    Good then I shall look forward to you using Eli in the future to support you doctrine. :cool:
    Silly me 'a'? I wonder what I was thinking of. Maybe I was thinking that when God said, "1 Sam 3:14 Therefore, I swore to the house of Eli, `The guilt of Eli's house will never be atoned for by sacrifice or offering.'", that He meant it. Wes denies the above scripture because he says that all sin has been atoned for yet God swore an oath that Eli's house would never be atoned for. It seems reasonable to me to keep harping on about it because Wes keeps harping on about the error that all sin has been atoned for when God said it would not be. Got it?
    I like harping, it avoids thinking and thinking is what I would have to do if Wes accepted the facts and moved on.
    Thank you for your kind permission to carry on. I shall do so and I shall look forward as I said to you using the verse for your own ends.

johnp.

2. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    You simply don't know what you're talking about why don't you just give up to the truth?
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike :D

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

ILUVLIGHT,

No one can see the truth unless they bow to the sovereignty of the Holy Spirit. And that is the truth. :D :D [​IMG]

Dr. Berrian

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ILUVLIGHT.

A full and frank exchange of ideas I must say. I'm impressed! :cool:

johnp.

5. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi JohnP;
    You should be after all being unable to hear,and understand must be frustrating.
    Mike [​IMG]

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Well? :cool:

johnp.

7. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Ray;
    You should be ashamed you're suppose to stick out your tounge and spit all over every one with that last truth ;)
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike [​IMG]

8. rc

rc New Member

Still waiting ILL !!!

Come on ! Show me how much you ACTUALLY know about this subject!! I'm going to hound you till you show me. ILL... every post! On every topic I'm going to hound you, I've cought you in a lie and am going to hold you accountable brother! And this is just typical of your Bible study also.. making unlearned claims as fact with no truth or proper study to back it up. Which council condemns Calvinism? ...

Where are you ILL ?

9. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Rc,

Our counsel comes from God the Holy Spirit. [John 14:26 & I John 2:27] The great Apostle John never changed his mind.

You said,
    So you like council decrees and conferences. I guess you accept all of the Roman Catholic council declarations also. Right?

The Bible, the Word of God, should be your final authority and not the Westminster Confession of Fatih or some other man made council.

Think! Don't just ingest anything.

10. rc

rc New Member

Nice try to help your buddy out Ray, but you know he is wrong and made an ingnorant statement at best and a lie at worst.

And as far as God being our only counsel, I agree. We as individuals united under one truth. And that remained the fact till the church grew and wolves were in it trying to destroy it with false doctrine. Since everybody was not theologians many ended up dependant on the Doctors to explain what was "doctrinal truth". When Aerius came along, the masses thought it was wise to make a "core of beliefs" ... you know that. That's all counsels are. If not for false teachers and the masses being lazy, there would be no need for them, I agree. But they are useful NOW to see what where the earliest, closest beliefs of the apostles.

I think one of the greatest mistakes of the 17th century was the decline of catechisms. Teaching a child "The doctrine of the church" protected not only them but the church also from a long slide to accepting the garbage we call doctrine now.

11. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It would be great to get back to the topic which is "Sovereign in Salvation" with pertinent Scripture presented to defend a point of view.

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Who is Sovereign in Salvation?

"JESUS", There is no other name under heaven whereby we must be saved!

13. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Rc,

There is a lot of truth in what you said.

I hate this Gospel of prosperity doctrine. Preaching is to get people saved and the Christian into maturity in Christ.

The Lord will always meet our financial needs. The Gospel is not for getting a bigger house or a three tierd cabin cruiser on some big lake.

There are rich Christians and the good ones use their money to help missionaries and other types like this.

Ray

14. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

rc
    Calvinism is heresy because it is not sola scriptura. What ever is used to support the nonsense of Calvinism is always taken out of context and reinterpreted to make it seem as though it supports it.
    You asked what counsil determined it to be heresy the Catholic Church of which it self is heritical. Calvinism being the reformation of Catholicism is the reformation of heresy. You cannot get good fruit from a roten tree.

Your telling me I lied is nothing more than your refusal to accept the truth. You yourself are heretical. Nothing about you is truth.

Mike

15. rc

rc New Member

ILL,
    ILL,
    Your lying is your refusal to accept the truth !

NO SOLA SCRIPTURE CHURCH has condemned Calvinism. Every sola Scripture church HAS condemned Arminianism as heresy !!

You obviously lied and do not know your history. The reformers where the ones who came up with those "slogans" of the faith. Do you know who came up with Sola Scriptura? .... Can you say .... Calvin? ... It's so funny that you use a slogan of a man you condemn !!

It was men like Beza, Knox, Huss that DIED to use scripture only AGAINST the Catholic church that was ARMINIAN!! You know... what YOU believe ! If you where alive back then, you would be crying "NO sola scriptura!" We have the teachings of the pope! The pope says man has free will !" ....

It was men like Luther that broke the chains of bondage to the dependance of mans' teachings of free will and use :
    Sola Scriptura: no need for humanistic philosophy (Arminianism)

Sola Fide: Faith alone, no works (depneding on working imperative commands [Arminianism] )

Sola Gratia: By Gods grace alone, God does it all, man has no process in Ord Salutis. Man chooses in Arminianism.

Sola GLORIA: God alone gets the glory! Man gets glory by being able to understand gospel and choose God, thereby being apart of the Salvation plan, taking glory away from God and the plan he made by himself.

So ILL...

Admit your wrong please... you know as well as I do that no council condemned Calvinism. ALL of them Condemned Arminianism !

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

The evidence of this exists I suppose? There simply must be an official report from an unbiased commission that clearly lists every sola scriptura church and their declaration that Arminianism is Heresy, for it to be true ya know! .

17. OldRegular

18. OldRegular

I like the passage from Romans 9:6-27 myself.

6. Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
    7. Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
    8. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
    9. For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
    10. And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
    11. (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
    12. It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
    13. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
    14. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
    15. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
    16. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
    18. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
    19. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
    20. Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
    21. Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
    22. What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
    23. And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
    24. Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25. As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
    26. And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.
    27. Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
    28. For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth.
    29. And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha.

19. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Wes;
    Didn't you know that Sola Scriptura or scripture only cannot be the case where Calvinism is concerned. They claim this just like all the other stuff they claim and not one word of is true.
    Mike [​IMG]

20. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

rc;
    If the moderator will allow you to call me names then I guess it's alright to do the same to you.
    rc stands for Roman Catholic.

This is your nonsense that you go by sola scriptura. What a lie rc. You aren't capable of an adult debate this is why a you like a spoiled child attack everyone with whom you disagree personally. Calling people names and accusing them of everything you are guilty of your self. I rebuke you in the name of Christ :D
    rc Roman Catholic [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mike