1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sovereignty of God in Salvation

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by OldRegular, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

John said nearly 2000 years ago that, "it is the last time". IS THAT TRUTH or are we in "the last times" now, or do the Last times remain ahead of us?

If John was right about the last time being in HIS time, then we have no reason to conclude anything but that we are in heaven...or hell as the case may be.

If John was wrong, are there other statements in scripture that we should not take literally? My gracious, how could God have made such a mistake...since all scripture is God breathed.

27. But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.
    John was speaking to born again believers in which the Holy Spirit does abide. However, that Holy Spirit does its teaching by using what is "heard from the word of God". It opens man's eyes to all of God's creation so that man can see God in everything the man can see...including man himself. The Holy Spirit reveals God in everything thus teaching man through what man takes in through the physical senses. The spirit then opens mans eyes to see God.

Again, John is addressing BELIEVERS! Those who have come to believe on the basis of what they "heard".

2. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Another example of you taking a single numbered verse OUT OF ITS CONTEXT to support your FALSE DOCTRINE!

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Hebrews 8:6-13 (quoting Jeremiah 31:31-34) As it is, he has been given a ministry as far superior as is the covenant of which he is the mediator, which is founded on better promises. 7. If that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no room for a second one to replace it. 8. And in fact God does find fault with them; he says: Look, the days are coming, the Lord declares, when I will make a new covenant with the House of Israel and the House of Judah, 9. but not a covenant like the one I made with their ancestors, the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of Egypt, which covenant of mine they broke, and I too abandoned them, the Lord declares.

10. No, this is the covenant I will make with the House of Israel, when those days have come, the Lord declares: In their minds I shall plant my laws writing them on their hearts. Then I shall be their God, and they shall be my people. (where is the evidence that this has happened? The atonement for sin has happened, thus sins are remembered no longer, but there is no evidence that God's laws are written on the hearts of the house of Israel, unless you consider born again Christians to be the house of Israel. But then, if that were true, why do we have Sunday School where the law of God is taught neighbor to neighbor as in the vs 11 & 12.?)

11,12. There will be no further need for each to teach his neighbor, and each his brother, saying "Learn to know the Lord!" No, they will all know me, from the least to the greatest, since I shall forgive their guilt and never more call their sins to mind.

13. By speaking of a new covenant, he implies that the first one is old. And anything old and ageing is ready to disappear.
    Again you take a numbered verse OUT OF ITS CONTEXT to support you FALSE DOCTRINE.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

5. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

It is the words spoken by Jesus that are spirit and life. Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God! All who have faith have life! those who lack faith are cast into the lake of fire.

Spirit is indeed the life of the flesh for when the spirit departs from the flesh, the flesh is dead! You will also notice that when they heard this "Language that God the Son spake to them, MANY of his disciples "fell away", Lost what faith they had. But not those who were given Him by the Father, for they made a profession of faith in John 6:67-71. They would not fall away because they were the Elect of God, Given to the Son.

CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING!

6. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

OPEN YOUR EYES Oldregular! Have you no response to the truth!

7. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

OPEN YOUR EYES Oldregular! Have you no response to the truth! </font>[/QUOTE]In other words OldReg....

Wes "the truth" Outwest has spoken

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

OPEN YOUR EYES Oldregular! Have you no response to the truth! </font>[/QUOTE]In other words OldReg....

</font>[/QUOTE]Did come across as arrogant didn't it?

How about you? Do you have a response to what I posted?

9. King James Bond

King James Bond New Member

God is sovereign in salvation.

He has chosen long ago who He would save and His will be done.

Regards, King James Bond

10. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Did come across as arrogant didn't it?

</font>[/QUOTE]wes...i see most of your post as pointless and wanting to fight. For the most part i stopped reading them. If they are short, i may.

I have spent days with you where you..starting off saying i have no idea what i'm talking about over one word (grace) or (faith)..(hope), and post pages going step by step showing you my thoughts for you CAN NOT SEE THEM in a simple statement.

Each of these times you say the same thing i say in the end. Why do this again?

I think..ok...he has it now. so lets start again and go to new ground.

So we go back to where we got off track to start new ground....and the word (grace)..(faith)...(hope)comes up again..and you want to act as if we never have gone over it.

Four times around this step by step tells me you are (blank)..and i do not think this....

or you just want to fight....this maybe ture.

or...you just have nothing to say...other then 5 points and when someone shows you are wrong..you ignore what was said...and go to another tread.

or...there is no way you will listen...and no one will change your pride filled heart

so...if you want me to reply to one point..i will...in short order. But i will not waste my time posting things about the same things we have gone though many times before.

so..its up to you...ask me one thing..and i will reply. if you do not agree...fine

In Christ....James

11. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

Did come across as arrogant didn't it?

How about you? Do you have a response to what I posted? [/QB][/QUOTE]

BTW...yes you do come across as arrogant.

But at this point with you seeing it..i would say this is a step forward. You call people names more then any other person on this site. You have no shame in doing so.

well...you have heard all this before from me and others...so i'm sure you just think we are crazy...and need to listen to you.

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Did come across as arrogant didn't it?

</font>[/QUOTE]BTW...yes you do come across as arrogant.

But at this point with you seeing it..i would say this is a step forward. You call people names more then any other person on this site. You have no shame in doing so.

well...you have heard all this before from me and others...so i'm sure you just think we are crazy...and need to listen to you.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I was raised in a family that now numbers 278 living persons, the one characteristic predominant in the family is the ability to call a spade a spade. It is as natural as falling of a log. I'm sorry if you do not like it. I am deliberately trying to keep from doing so on this bbs, but when ignorance of the truth pops up as it often does here, it is difficult to keep from calling a spade a spade. That should indicate to you that I consider you all family.

13. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

My dad had 18 brothers and sisters...in my dads own case..he had 6 kids...i had 3

from my grandfathers kids to my kids...we have over 500 in our family now

having a large family is no excuse for being a jurk

14. OldRegular

And now back to the work of the Holy Spirit in the Regeneration of the Elect!

15. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Now who's doing the insulting!

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

You have no evidence that happens!

17. here now

here now Member

Old Regular,
    Good post 7-24-05, 1:45 PM
    Thank you.
    I'm not familiar with Dagg. Who is he?

18. OldRegular

A Baptist preacher and college president of the 19th Century who authored the first book on theology by a Southern Baptist, Manual of Theology. Autibiography at

http://www.founders.org/library/dagg_bio.html

19. OldRegular

You have no evidence that happens! </font>[/QUOTE]Wes
    I realize you don't believe Scripture but try just for once!

John 3:3-8
    3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
    4. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
    5. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
    6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
    7. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
    8. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.[/i]

20. dale kesterson

dale kesterson New Member

besides what Old Regular mentioned scripturally, I know what regeneration is personally. I know it was not a decision that changed everything and brought me coram deo because I did not know such a presence existed regardless of what I heard preached in church. It is that enabling that allows me or any sinner to experience true grace.

Therefore a question is begged. How do you explain regeneration to the unregenerate? Is it even possible for them to comprehend such divine presence?