1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

spam

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Rev. Noble, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Rev. Noble

Rev. Noble New Member

Anyone else being spammed by garbage after signing up with this site? Let me know.

2. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely not! It must be your browser my friend. [​IMG]

BTW, why don't you introduce yourself? It is highly unusual for anyone to come on board and place a complaint first. [​IMG]

3. Rev. Noble

Rev. Noble New Member

It is VERY unusual for me to do this as well, Brother. The "panic" arose because of a dual-purpose email address. (I am involved in law enforcement as well. This makes spam and security an issue). No, it is most assuredly not my browser, and since my ability to deduce is not the worst in the world the only "wild card" I could find was this website. I did not accuse, BTW, I asked. And I might add, an interrogative is not, by definition (they way I used it), a complaint.

I'm writing a book on neoDarwinism, IDT and Creationism. I joined to get input from fellow educated (EDUCATED) Christians.

Daniel H. Noble

P.S. This is the first time in 30 years I have been rightfully chastised for poor behavior by anyone from NYC. Touche'.

4. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Greetings Rev. Noble,

The email address that I use here is a secondary and expendable email address from my Road Runner account. I really don't remember using this email address (actively) anywhere else on the Web.

Recently, I began to get spam emails on this account. The emails were disguised as being from religious sources. They were infected with viruses that Road Runner cleaned before I got them.

Somebodymust have remotely harvested my email address then spammed me with malicious intent. I also wonder if anyone else here has seen this kind of activity in their email.

It has trailed off, so I am still using the account here. It would be easy for me to delete this account and create a new secondary account. I will do that if needed.

At any rate the Baptist Board is one of the most dependable bulletin boards I visit.

Dave.