1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SPANISH BIBLE??? YES OR NO?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by AZfiddler_Oct1996, Nov 18, 2004.

1. AZfiddler_Oct1996

AZfiddler_Oct1996 New Member

Im gonna quit in bout 5 min... fiddlers bro.

2. AZfiddler_Oct1996

3. AZfiddler_Oct1996

4. mioque

mioque New Member

Both the RSV and modern versions of the Reina Valera Bible are revisions of older majority text Bibles influenced by critical texts assembled in the 19th century and later.
    So a 1602 Reina Valera has textchoiches that look a lot like those in the KJV, Lutherbible, NKJV, Genevabible or Statenbijbel.
    While a 1960 Reina Valera has textchoiches that look a lot like those in the RSV, NASB or NBV.

5. 3John2

3John2 New Member

I DID NOT say older was better, I was just being cynical. Having said that my MAIN study bible is KJV only. Given a choice I would choose a translation out of the TR. However my 15+ other translations are from NOT TR based so I obviously don't make too much of a deal of that.

6. Biblethumper

Biblethumper New Member

7. Biblethumper

Biblethumper New Member

Also, here is some comparision of the Reina Valera and the Cipriano de Valera.

It also compares the KJV and the NIV.

8. 3John2

3John2 New Member

Biblethumper thanks!!! I'm going to order me one of those. I REALLY appreciate this!!!:))

9. Biblethumper

Biblethumper New Member

Glad to help.

10. saul^paul

saul^paul New Member

3John2, How things going in McAllen i have 3 brother-in-laws that live in Reynosa and a Uncle that pastors a baptist church there.

The Brothers name is Robert Ray Breaker III and yes he is a missionary to Honduras

The NT that Robert sent you is the 1602 bible being revised by Grace Baptist Church in Monterey NL, Mexico. Matter of fact not too far from where you live. And they have only the NT complete who knows when OT will be finished.

Whatever spanish bible doesnt compare to the KJV has there ever been a translation that there where so many highly educated translators and proof readers, and a wide range of bibles,manuscripts and codex's used?

11. Butterflies4mami

Butterflies4mami New Member

I think the main problem with the whole spanish Bible debate is simply this:
    The men that have stirred this up most recently are coparing the Reina Valera 1960 with the KJV. This in itself is not acceptable! If you are going to do comparing, you should compare with the Greek/Hebrew. Amazing to me still..... english speaking pastors deciding that the meaning of Spanish phrases are inconsistent with the KJV since...#1 they do not speak spanish #2 they are not going to be exactly the same as KJV meanings...it was/and is consistent with Greek/Hebrew meanings. Some here will faint if I also can say that the Spanish version is in some places clearer than the KJV in capturing the meanings of the Greek & Hebrew. Hmmm..... I guess we just have to re-save those thousands of folks that were saved in Florida & under Dr.Fernandez's ministry since we used the 1960 Reina valera. WHAT A SHAME!!!!!
    P.S. Martinez
    Is.6:8

12. saul^paul

saul^paul New Member

The Spanish Bible debate is the same as the KJV debate it is a matter of the text some believe the "Traditional Text" is the correct text and some believe it is the "Westcott & Hort".

Pero si estas hablando sobre el RV1960 su texto no es totalamente del "Texto Tradicional". Pero si creas que viene del texto tradicional dime del cual por favor? No creo que estamos hablando sobre la salvacion de uno porque no serequire mucho versiculos de la biblia para ser savo. Mas sobre su texto cual es mas puro. Lo que me da lástima en lugar de buscar,conocer,intender la verdad para ensenar la jente, preferimos estar bien con los hombres que con Dios.

Im curious Butterflies which versus are you refering too that reveals a better rendition of the greek/hebrew than it does in the kjv?