1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speaking in Tongues Poll

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Dec 20, 2004.

?
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DonnaJean

DonnaJean New Member

When I was a young teen, I went with a friend to a old fashioned Pentecostal church for about a year off and on and one person would "speak" in tongues and another would "interpret" it. This was a small 30-50 congregation church in the backwoods of Arkansas. People would jump up and down and "fall out" in the spirit. The people were super friendly and we teenagers had a blast talking and laughing in the back and slipping outside while the adults were busy. I know it was shameful. I never believed it was real because it just seemed too weird but I don't know how they coordinated it really since no one ever interrupted the other person and the most unlikely people did it. I have never spoke in tongues and I certainly don't believe it is necessary for salvation but I hesitate to call it fake. All things are possible with God.

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Poll Results: Speaking in Tongues Poll (54 votes.)
    Do you believe that speaking in tongues of pentecostals is a sham?

Yes 89% (48)
    No 13% (7)