1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Speaking of health care and taxes....

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by menageriekeeper, Jul 21, 2009.

1. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Oakland California is considering taxing the sales of "medical" marajuana.

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7851 (this links to a very liberal website. quote below for those who wish to not inhale)

My husband and I saw a similar article on CNN this morning. Do you suppose if states did something similar to drugstores we could fund Obama's health care plan? (think pharmecuidacal co. would stand for it?)

Oh and I have dinner out riding on the answer to this question: Do insurers in California have to cover the costs for so called "medical marajuana"? Or is the burden of the entire cost borne by the consumer?

In the CNN peice it was stated that there were 600 businesses that sell pot in the city of Oakland. How many "patients" do you suppose it takes to support a business of that sort? Perhaps pot sales could be used to fund Obama care and the whole country could get high and simply forget about all the mistakes that got us here.

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #2 Alcott, Jul 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2009
  3. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Now that was funny! Nothing like a good public education to encourage a good vocabulary!