1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Special Days

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Moriah, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Galatians 4 is about Galatians observing the Old Testament special days, months, seasons, and years. Do you deny that the Jews observed special days, months, seasons, and years? Paul tells the Galatians, “You who want to be under the law…”

8 Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.
    12 I plead with you, brothers, become like me, for I became like you. You have done me no wrong. 13 As you know, it was because of an illness that I first preached the gospel to you. 14 Even though my illness was a trial to you, you did not treat me with contempt or scorn. Instead, you welcomed me as if I were an angel of God, as if I were Christ Jesus himself. 15 What has happened to all your joy? I can testify that, if you could have done so, you would have torn out your eyes and given them to me. 16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    17 Those people are zealous to win you over, but for no good. What they want is to alienate you from us, so that you may be zealous for them. 18 It is fine to be zealous, provided the purpose is good, and to be so always and not just when I am with you. 19 My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you, 20 how I wish I could be with you now and change my tone, because I am perplexed about you!
    Hagar and Sarah
    21 Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says?

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Not the whole chapter of Galatians 4 is about Jews, "observing the Old Testament special days, months, seasons, and years." In fact NOTHING in or about Galatians 4 is about Jews, "observing the Old Testament special days, months, seasons, and years." That is what you turn both your eyes physical and spiritual, blind for!

Strictly speaking, in the whole of that chapter and in PARTICULAR in verses 8-10 one finds NOTHING which Paul specifically says about Jews, Judaist or Christian.

It is you who deny this, and ADD to God’s Word through Paul, the word and the idea it was JEWS who FORCED / COERCED the Gentile Christians in and of Galatia, to “TURN BACK TO (THEIR) FORMER FIRST-PRINCIPLE-NO-GODS … THE WEAK AND BEGGARLY DIVINED GREEK WISDOM’S OBJECTS OF SUPERSTITIOUS OBSERVATION AND VENERATION. (Note, I did not use the word, 'observance', but the word 'observation ... correctly!)

This is, again, what you, Moriah, just tear out of your Bible and spurn with disgust.

And let me tell you not only the Jews are or were “under the Law” of God, but the WHOLE WORLD EVERY SOUL EVER BORN.
    In fact the Bible says even Jesus Christ became a man “UNDER THE LAW” and suffered and died “under the Law” and REMAINED “under the Law” until the moment that He Himself RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD THE MAN-GOD AND THE LAW-WORD-OF-GOD— TRIUMPHATOR LORD AND KING OF ALL ISRAEL SPIRITUAL.

#43 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Mar 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is nothing wrong or sinful about being born and living "under the Law". After all, we cannot help it or do anything about it. It is only when one "under the Law" starts rebelling against the fact and the Law itself, that that man - which is ALL OF US EXCEPT CHRIST -, becomes a transgressor of the Law and a SINNER exactly for trying to be something that he is NOT while he is what he is, a sinner "under the Law" ... "FOR AS LONG AS HE LIVES" ... it is written!

Only Jesus Christ never tried to get out from under the Law, but every moment of his life DESIRED AND WILLED TO OBEY THE LAW AND THUS TO REMAIN IN THE LAW. But the only way we sinners can stay in the Law is to stay under it, "IN CHRIST" who was "under the Law" and for having remained "under the Law" all his life, was EXALTED ABOVE THE LAW, HIMSELF HAVING BECOME THE LAW!

Not us though; no, NEVER!

What an example did Jesus Christ not leave us of Godliness and in Godliness!

#44 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Mar 17, 2012
  5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Uh, one can not be a christian and live under the Law.

Jesus was born of a woman, born under the Law to redeem them under the Law, that we could obtain the adoption of Sons.

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Exactly wrong, and a DIRECT challenge of the spirit of truth as found in Paul in Romans 14.

I find your stance utterly biased and judgmental; nothing at all of Christian piety or respect; which kind of caviling simply tosses aside whatever the Scriptures might have to say about "observed days" of, in, and for, true Christianity obedient to the Word of God.

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Time without exception the opponents of the Sabbath Day of the LORD GOD for the People of God, resort first and last and in between to the Greatest Commandment man the LEAST is able to obey.
    I find it extremely strange, but not confusing at all. ‘Love’ is the mask of Pretence and piety its defaming whip.

8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Like Paul said to the Galatians, "DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?!"

If "one can not be a christian and live under the Law", then Paul is a liar, who said all men are all their lives under the Law;
    And if "one can not be a christian and live under the Law", Christ could not be Christ because it is written of Him that He was born under the Law, yet willingly and sinless and NEVER DID ANYTHING THAT COULD CHANGE IT; we, unwillingly and sinful and constantly sinning against the Law we as Christians, are living under whether we like it or not.

And if "one can not be a christian and live under the Law” we are sinless and perfect because “the Law is for the transgressors”. All pretence, vainglorious, puffed up pride and hypocrisy setting of self on the throne like God.

#48 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Mar 17, 2012
  9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Like Paul said to the Galatians, "DO YOU NOT HEAR THE LAW?!" ... hear a Law they were not under or a Law not the strength of their _IMMEDIATE_ SIN of transgressing it?

Ridiculous!

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The Law being the STRENGTH of sin, to "DESIRE to be under the Law" for the Galatians meant their PREFERMENT of the “first-principle-NO-gods” and powers and strength of paganism, before the POWER of the Gospel of Christ. The “weak and beggarly” challenged the Almighty; the “by-NATURE-no-gods”, opposed the TRUE God. Backsliding into superstitious worship, the Galatians with IMPUDENCE, provoked the God of Christianity, the God of erstwhile Israel.

What was wrong and sinful of the Galatians in Galatians 4:21, was not the inescapable fact that they like all men were under the Law for life, but, that they CRAVED AND PREFERRED the strength of their SIN, their very worship of the “elemental no-gods” [‘stoicheia’] and would have it signed and sealed with pure arrogance. Because in Galatians 4 from verse 21 according to the CONTEXT, the backsliders' sin was not practicing the circumcision of the Old Testament, but ABJURING the Gospel of Jesus Christ with their haughty and pagan, “MUTILATION OF THE FLESH”.

#50 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Mar 17, 2012
  11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

All of Galatians 3 and 4 is about faith or observance of the law. The Galatians were turning to observing the law. In Galatians, Paul tells us that there are people who were zealous to win the Galatians over. Do you think those were former Pagans? No, they were not. The people who were trying to win the Galatians over were Jews. Apostle Paul says, “Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you aware of what the law says?” The Jews convinced the Galatians to be under the law. There is nothing for you to believe that the Galatians were going back to worshiping other gods, but to their former “principles.”

Do you not think Paul speaks about Christians in these chapters at all? What do you think it means when Paul says, “My dear children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you.” Paul is speaking about being Christian. You do not think Paul is speaking about Galatians following the law when he says, “Does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you because you observe the law, or because you believe what you heard?”
    Again, the Jews were convincing the Galatian Christians to turn back to “principles.” You add to Paul’s words when you say “-NO-GODS…”

As I have been pointing out, all of Galatians 3 and 4 is about NOT following the law. It is not about Pagans convincing Galatians to go back to Paganism.
    The Jews had the law, the Gentiles and all others were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. See Ephesians 2:12. Gentiles did not have circumcision.

12. Moriah

Moriah New Member

All who rely on observing the law are under a curse, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law." Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, "The righteous will live by faith."

13. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

GALATIANS 3 [23] But BEFORE FAITH CAME, WE WERE KEPT UNDER THE LAW, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. [24] WHEREFORE THE LAW WAS OUR SCHOOLMASTER TO BRING US UNTO CHRIST, THAT WE MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH. [25] But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. [26] For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. [27] For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. [29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Before faith came to you were you under the law. The schoolmaster? Did you observe to keep the law? Faith is kinda a fuzzy word in that anyone can claim faith. The scripture above points to whether you do have that faith mentioned in Gal.3. It says what it says. "WHEREFORE THE LAW WAS OUR SCHOOLMASTER TO BRING US UNTO CHRIST, THAT WE MIGHT BE JUSTIFIED BY FAITH". So tell me saturnneptune. Did you observe to keep the law. Gods 10 commandments

14. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

So how did you recieve this spirit you speak of

JOHN 14 [15] If ye love me, KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.[16] AND I WILL PRAY THE FATHER, AND HE SHALL GIVE YOU ANOTHER COMFORTER, that he may abide with you for ever;[17] Even THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.[18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.[19] Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.[20] At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.[21] HE THAT HATH MY COMMANDMENTS, AND KEEPETH THEM, HE IT IS THAT LOVETH ME: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I WILL LOVE HIM, AND WILL MANIFEST MYSELF TO HIM.

Did you observe to keep the 10 commandments? John 14 is clear. If you wish to recieve Gods Holy Spirit you must keep the 10 commandments.

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I know this question was not to me, but I want to point out that the law is not just the Ten Commandments. In addition, not every person in the world was under the law.

16. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

If i have any, ill let you know

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus said to have his teachings; his teachings are in the New Testament.

18. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Does he lead ya to speak as you speak? You come across as an angry bitter man and your words are filled with hate. Are you sure your being led by the Holy Spirit ive read about in the bible.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Your flippant use of terms like faith, salvation, and others in a light hearted manner, or using the terms to question other people's faith, in the first place, is not allowed in this forum, and secondly, the response you got was quite civil considering your use of the words. By the way, if you are going to use bad English, consider not using capital letters for some word other than Bible.

20. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

I was questioning your WERDS. Not your faith