1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Special King James Edition

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Jesus is Lord, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

Hello everybody!

I have a question that does not really touch the translation-issue but this forum is the only opportunity I know to get some information about it.

I am looking for a nice large print, gold-edged, brown-leather KJV.

Every brown-leather edition I was able to find information about is out-of-print .

Can you help me? :(

[ April 14, 2003, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Jesus is Lord ]

2. mesly

mesly Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have noticed that bibles in brown leather are very hard to come by today. That wasn't always the case (I have a couple of them in my library). You might want to try Ebay. I have had good success in finding out of print bibles on Ebay, in fact someone bought out an old Christian bookstore and has been putting that inventory up for auction. From the look of the items, they must have been sitting on the shelves for years and many are still shrink wrapped (i.e. leather bibles from 20+ years ago).

3. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

Thanks for the advice, but there are no offers on ebay at the moment [​IMG]

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Perhaps you could contact a company that does re-binding. They might offer a brown cover.

5. mesly

mesly Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is one (be quick, it ends on: Apr-15-03 18:12:13 PDT.)

Click Here

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have to ask the obvious: WHY? Why a "brown" Bible instead of the typical black, red, burgandy?

Just curious [​IMG]

7. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord New Member

Because I like the color :D
    I have black, blue and burgundy (no hunter green). I do not really need another Bible. But many preachers I listened to had a brown leather Bible and that color became my favorite.

8. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

Try "Local Church Bible Publishers". I wish I could be more specific about their location, I believe it is in Michigan, maybe Ohio or Illinois. I know you could contact "Bearing Precious Seed" in Michigan, LCBP used their templates to print their bibles. I bought my daughter a dark brown leather bible from them at a campmeeting. I wish I had the website for either, I know for sure Bearing Precious Seed can be found by a search engine, don't know that LCBP has a website. I have a large print, wide margin, black leather Bible from LCBP, it didn't cost but 40 US dollars three years ago! You can't buy an Oxford or Cambridge for that price anywhere! My daughter's didn't cost but $20. Her's is a regular print regular margin dk brown leather cover. Let me warn you though, they don't sell anything but the King James Bible, Praise the Lord!

Brother Ricky

9. TomVols

TomVols New Member

You might want to check Scripture Truth Book Company, too. CBD might have some on closeout.

You're right, brown is not a color you'll find much anymore. My first Bible as a kid was brown. My dad's old Bible is a brown rainbow study Bible. Now, I don't own a Bible that isn't black or burgundy, and only have a couple of ones that are blue.

Did you know you can now buy them orange, crimson, purple, etc.?

10. Jesus is Lord

Jesus is Lord New Member

Wow... where can you buy those Bibles? Could be great if you preach to Teens!

11. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

[ May 26, 2003, 08:41 PM: Message edited by: 3907 ]

12. Steven m.

Steven m. New Member