1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Specific threats to Christians about losing eternal life!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by evangelist-7, May 20, 2013.

1. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

While it is on my mind.....

And I MAY regret taking the lid off this can of worms....You (Evangelist-7)said....

"My wife and I spent 5 years with a pastor and his wife,
    who between them, had all 9 spiritual power gifts.

They thought Christian seminaries, etc. were a huge joke."

To what "9 spiritual "power" gifts (that this "pastor and his wife" had) are you referring to?

I think I'm getting Charismaniac goosebumps as we speak......!

Bro.Greg:saint:

2. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    As a Primitive Baptist I trace my theological beliefs to Jesus Himself, not to your heretical ilk over a thousand years later in England.

BTW, I hope you keep your word and say no more.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you guys would take the time to study every scripture which speaks specifically of "born-again/born of God/regeneration/" you would surely understand this salvation/eternal life process of God (not man). Then all of these "warnings" will make perfect sense and you will be able to apply them rightly to the circumstance revealed in the context of the passage.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God gave you the choice to receive the rebirth, you said yes to the invitation, God recreated you, gave you a new heart, joined His Spirit unto yours, two becoming one with Christ. You had a birthday, you belong to Christ/God and are a child of God. You will need taught, lead, shaped and molded, and disciplined when you sin and are unfaithful. God is not man that He should play around with your new GIFT of life ETERNAL, using it as a weapon against your behavior. When you are bad He says STRIGHTEN UP!!!!!! He doesn't say go to _ _ L L.

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Ah what a maverick you are! Such a beautiful and lovely person! Not at hostility with God, nor an enemy in mind toward God! Yes, you, in all your goodness, you chose freely to love God and to stay loyal to Him. How wondrous! I am so enthused by your taking credit of yourself in all of these things, and of such I see not one person in Scripture make such a boast.

God help us when such an attitude exists within the kingdom.

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The Holy Spirit did teach me all that "stuff." The Word of God is the sword of the Spirit. If it was error, you would not feel the need to resort to ridicule. The weapon of ridicule is primarily the weapon used by the "spirit of error" not the Spirit of truth.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Seems my question was overlooked.

Will you still have this choice to reject Him after you enter into eternal life?

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a post full of straw men

9. preacher4truth

You don't know your Scriptures nor what a straw man is.

Show one instance in Scripture such a boast of what one has done in regards to salvation. Having seen your many responses with your quips that say nothing actually respond for once with Scriptural evidence minus your pat and erroneous conclusions.

- Blessings

10. preacher4truth

There are many that he avoids.

He has also avoided John 6:39 -- that Jesus will lose none. Yet he comes along 2000 years later and says He will.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The use of the word boast is your false characterization not theirs. So your premise is false. Your strawmen is based on your bad theology. Saying one has a choice does not in any way negate the sovereignty of God. So your other premise is false as well.

Cals for the most part have no idea how to disagree without setting up poor definitions, false premises, and strawmen. Tom and Ann are about the only two cals on the board who deal with people honestly when it comes to these debates.

And your post I responded to was completely devoid of scripture and was nothing but one run on "quip".

12. preacher4truth

Your logic isn't. So one has to use the word boast in order for me to point it out? What a weak argument that is, and that is your strongest argument to date.

One more time: Show in Scripture one time this attitude that he has shown. The thing is, you can't because there is no such thing within Scripture. But please, do give some Scripture for once.

As I said you don't know your Scriptures. You know what they say but not what they mean especially in this instance.

Scripture refutes the idea of choice soteriologically. It is not by choice we are saved, John 1:13; Romans 9:16. Do a little Greek word study and adjust your theology by these passages and concentrate on the meaning of 'not by determinitive choice'.

BTW your 'Cals for the most part' is a huge straw man and untrue. Many so called Cals on this site such as Aaron, Luke2427, Icon, Herald and more offer clear, concise sound answers from Scripture. I've yet to see you ever offer anything solidly Scriptural and they are typically just smart aleck responses intended to instigate. Your accusation is therefore unfounded and a straw man. Clearly it is your bias being reflected in said statement, not truth. With that in mind I'll give you some Scripture.

Scripture also refutes the idea of boasting in salvation; 1 Cor. 1:29 and this is exactly what TH has done. In fact, the entire context is in said passage 'God has chosen' -- not you, nor anyone else but God.

Lest you forget, do show one time in Scripture one boasting of his choice. Thanks.

Now, go read your Scriptures, your theology is off track and doesn't reflect sound doctrine.

As is typical you bring no sound argument. Nothing. Just pat windbag answers.

- Blessings

13. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amy, I missed your question as well! Excellent question! I look forward to the responses of those who reject eternal security.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, for you have been born again, with a new nature, that will NOT decide to reject jesus in the end, and you have the sealing by the HS to make sure you stay saved!

God promised to his saved eternal life.period/Unconditional!

now the flesh will keep on trying to rear its head and disobey god, but we need to consider that crucified and dead!

15. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me, they fail to see the tension between God has already provoded for us to NEVER be lost/nor forfeit eternal life, the exhortions are to take heed not to "drift", and miss the will of God For you life, and not be 'all that you should be"for Christ!

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I know that!

My question was to Thomas and those who believe we can forfeit salvation because of their "free" will.

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Will you still have this choice to reject Him after you enter into eternal life?

Is this a hard question?????

18. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

Must be. I dunno, maybe he thinks if he doesn't have free will to reject Jesus in eternity it's a forced relationship there too? LOL

19. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God's entire universe is based on His system of free will.

The "whole point " of not destroying Satan and his angels the moment they sinned - was a universe where free will is foundational.

The "whole point" of not destroying Adam and Eve just as soon as they sinned - was a universe where free will is foundational.

We have 6000 years of sin - to "inform" the universe about the sin experiment and to see how utterly sin fails to provide the fruits of the Spirit.

In a free will system decisions are ensured via compelling evidence.

In a Calvinist robot no-free will model - there is no need at all for evience or proof or Job-style experiment when God is directly challenged as in the book of Job. And no need to allow Satan to sin in the first place because it goes directly back to a defective maker that made that robot sin. When FORD produces a defective truck --- nobody blames the truck.

But even so - even if you do allow the robot-Satan to sin - then wiping him out immediately and sparing every other robot the pain of his continued program of deception is the only logical path.

Conversely - obliterating free will after the 2nd coming - (because presumably this is the only way a Calvinist can think of to ensure a peaceful eternity) would simply be to admit defeat and that the entire program - 6000 years of sin and suffering and the death of Christ Himself - was all pointless.

#99 BobRyan, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
  20. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

1. Nowhere does the Bible say that the "whole point" of God's creation was "free will". That is purely your opinion.

2. You did not answer my question.