1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Specter Calls for Hearings on End-of-Life Care Guide for Veterans

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sen. Arlen Specter on Sunday called for hearings to scrutinize a guide for veterans' end-of-life care which one former Bush official says sends a "hurry-up-and-die" message to injured troops.

The guide, called "Your Life, Your Choices," was suspended under the Bush administration but has been revived under the current Department of Veterans Affairs.

Jim Towey, former director of the White House Office of Faith-Based Initiatives, told "FOX News Sunday" that the pamphlet makes injured veterans feel like a burden, encourages the severely injured to die and should be tossed out. .......

........Towey said the questions posed by the guide embed the suggestion that veterans who are suffering may want to choose death.

One section titled, "What Makes Your Life Worth Living?," offers a checklist of scenarios -- the person filling out the form is asked to rate whether life would be worth living under each of them.

"I am a severe financial burden on my family," says one of them. "My situation causes severe emotional burden for my family," says another.

More Here

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

How sick, murder babies, murder our old people, now murder the vetrans who fought for these freedoms.

3. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

The Pentagon needs to develop a guide for Active Duty Military Personnel if they don't already have one and simply use it for Veterans.

4. SeekingTruth

SeekingTruth Member

Specter is just trying to gain some positive press since he is running behind in the polls. I doubt he has any interest whatever in the so-called "Death Book".