1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual gifts in the book of Acts

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jun 4, 2012.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can anyone on this forum show where anyone but the Apostles performed miracles signs and wonders between Acts 2 and Acts 6?

Can anyone on this forum prove anyone from Acts 6 to Acts 28 performed miracles signs and wonders who was not first subject to first having apostolic hands laid on them?

How is Miracales signs and wonders the "SIGN" of the apostolic office (2 Cor. 12:12) if it were commonly given to all beleivers by the Holy Spirit as many claim?

2. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just my two cents.

The purpose of the miracles of Jesus Christ were to give a sign that His gospel was true. And the apostles, including Paul, were allowed to perform miracles to authenticate themselves. The gospel today has been found credible. We have the message of the Christ and the gospel presented by the the apostles in the scriptures. Miracles - of the incredible kind - today are not what is needed, even though miracles do still occur. Faith - in the credible Jesus - is necessary. That's the important thing.

I know that miracles do still occur for I have seem them, but it's always when God's people pray and God moves.

I do not know why people today seek after the ability to perform apostolic signs and wonders with more vigor than they seek to evangelize or support missions.

I have much more admiration for a quiet, meek, and humble man who spends time every week in the psych wards of local hospitals praying with and ministering to their needs (I know that man, personally) that the boisterous man who claims that he can perform signs and wonders and only seems to want to do so publicly and for money/fame.

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

:thumbs::applause:

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that you also need to expand this to NT prophetic office, as there were in early church listed those who spoke from the holy spirit revelation to local churches before canon of scriptures was confirmed/closed off!

Church built upon teachings of both NT Apostles and prophets!

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Yes, that is true. The Apostles were also prophets as well. But there were prophets in addition to the apostles (Agabus,etc.).

6. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Scarlett, after reading many of your posts here, you seem like a wise and sensible person. Have you always been that way? :)

I very much enjoy your posts.

7. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

& Philip's daughters.

8. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, thank you. :laugh:

I don't always feel wise and sensible, in fact, I have a hard-headed, quick-to-anger streak that I don't like about me.

I've learned a great deal from people here and on other boards since 2002. I'd start listing those I have and do admire for their wisdom and sensibility, but I'm afraid I would leave someone out and offend.

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I have that, too, but nobody on here would know that. :laugh: