1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual leadership of men over women

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Is this a curse or blessing? [​IMG]

I was thinking about an incident that happened, and why I reacted like I did.

I cannot remember a time when there was a male Christian in a role of spiritual "leading" in my house. When I had children and began following the Lord, I naturally had to take that position as the only Christian in the household.

When I moved onto the same property with a married couple, I considered us two households. However, about a month or so ago the couple and I had a discussion about prayer for my daughter and the bit of conversation that caught me was when he said:
    "as the head of this household it is my responsibility to..."

As that sunk in, it was an unbelievable weight lifted that I didn't even know I was carrying. It was such a relief to hear him, in a form, take responsibility for the spiritual leadership. I went home and thanked God...PROFUSELY! In my mind it fused us as one family on a spiritual level, and that was cool too. But the main thought was "YAY! It's not all on me anymore!" [​IMG]

I consider it a major blessing, and one I didn't realize I was in such need of, as I was so used to doing everything myself. It never occurred to me how big the responsibility of spiritual leadership really is.

So my vote is for blessing. [​IMG]
    Now, why did I feel that way? I suspect it's because that is how the scriptures set up things to work, and that God made women to be naturally inclined to follow the leadership of men in regards to spiritual matters as far as the family is concerned.

Lest anyone mistake what I'm saying, I don't think that means we can't discuss or debate spiritual matters in general, especially with people on this board, male or female. :D

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

thats a neat post, Gina.

3. standingfirminChrist

People have wanted the authoritative role for
    over twenty centuries now. Some state that they
    want to reach the top of the ladder in able to
    experience the satisfaction of being able to
    render others in a state of dependency.

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Firm, oh my goodness. LOL! You
    really are going to go totally
    insane now that you do see how
    easy it really is to type this
    nonsense! Or if it's about you
    do realize I truly mean friend

5. standingfirminChrist

Gina, I think I have figured a way of
    really driving people insane. Take a
    art like this and make some codes. I
    can make the words read down on the left
    edge as well as the right. Oh yeah

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Love that great idea, but please shhhh
    Openness about this may just lead to no
    value in sublety, people will just hop
    everywhere trying to be cool like me.

:D

[​IMG]

Have a good night, glad to find someone else who gets it, and quickly!

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks Tater. Didn't want to go to bed and have you think I was ignoring you, just because I stinkin hi-jacked my own thread. LOL

8. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post, Gina.

You know what? I would go nuts if I had to take the spiritual leadership of our home. It is much to ask God's will in humble prayer with my wife, wait patiently for His definite leading, then obey exactly what He says to do. (Of course I take the responsibility if things go wrong!)

Now almost ten years ago, that process got us up here in Hokkaido in the city with the records for the lowest temperature and the most snow in all of Japan. Right now we still have five feet of snow in our yard. And I hate snow and cold!!! :eek: :eek:

But do you know what? I absolutely love it up here--the clean air, the beautiful mountains and rivers, the pure water, the fabulous milk products (it's the Wisconsin of Japan), and most of all the Japanese we minister to here.

God's will is always the best way. He shows it to us through the Word of God, which if we study deeply and prayerfully will teach us how to live day by day. Then He shows us His will for the big decisions through the gentle nudgings of the Holy Spirit, and it is wonderful. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Now children, do behave. I
    understand the temptation
    to have secrets, but it
    simply isn't nice.