1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual maturity

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Mexdeaf, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I read this quote in an old book and thought it was applicable to some of the discussions in this forum-

"True spiritual maturity does not mean having all of the answers, but rather learning to live with questions."

2. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

I agree with the quote.

...Bob
    Kentucky

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in complete agreement with the statement.

I heard the same idea in a slightly different quote:

4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

The more we know, the more we realize how little we know...

But, I've often seen quotes like those above used to work toward an anti-intellectual bias. Shame on us... While we can never know all the answers (we see through a glass dimly) we can certainly strive to know what we can know -- and to share what we know with others.

In conversations with non-believers, I often find that they are non-believers because of some "sticking point" where they have asked an important question of a Christian and received either no answer or a poor answer to their question. In some cases they were chastised for even having the question. Again, shame on us! Peter tells us to be ready to give a reason for the faith that is within us and we DO have some answers for a lot of the difficult questions of life. If not us, who else? Do we not know the God of all knowledge and have access via the illumination of the Holy Spirit to His revealed Word?