1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual WareFare: Can a demon touch a person?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 8, 2011.

1. beameup

beameup Member

I would recommend the DVD by Chuck Missler entitled: Beyond Perception
    Koinonia House: http://resources.khouse.org/products/dvd84/
    [​IMG]

I would only conjecture that the only "access" that evil has to a
    Christian is through their fallen nature - carnal "old man" and
    that is by way of "deception".

#21 beameup, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2011
  2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I watched it. OK, I watched part 1 and skimmed part 2. I didn't see anything in there about demons and spiritual warfare, unless the short bit about multi-dimensions qualifies as discussion of this topic.

Actually it was pretty boring.

4. preacher4truth

Keep in mind I am only supplying a link to a video that another (beameup) suggested.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understood. I should have made it clear that I wasn't holding you responsible for the content. If you haven't watched it yet, I'd suggest you skip it.

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

From what I saw the guy is trying to tie quantum physics in the bible as proof of its validity. I am sure some may find it interesting, but it probably is not for everyone.

7. beameup

beameup Member

It exposes the realm in which the supernatural operates.
    In this case science is "shedding light" on things that can help
    a Christian better understand the warfare we are under.
    We actually live in an artificial environment of space and time.
    The real REALITY exists outside our space-time domain.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The bible is spiritually discerned not scientifically discerned. Science cannot offer anything to help a believer discern or shed any light on the warfare we are in. Our battle is spiritual and it has to be fought spiritually, not scientifically. A little too much star wars here I am thinking.

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, sure. I saw that portion of the video and I laughed out loud. Just an assertion with no proof whatsoever.

I've got an engineering background with an emphasis on the physics of semiconductors, so I do have some knowledge of the subject matter.

10. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Stop watching the Matrix...neo

11. preacher4truth

This is nothing short of fantastical whims.

The Word of God is more than sufficient to help us in our warfare. Nowhere do the Scriptures teach us to arm ourselves for spiritual warfare with extra-biblical revelation.

12. beameup

beameup Member

We are living in a kind of "matrix". Don't you know that that chair you are sitting in is mostly "empty space"? :wavey:

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
    for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them],
    because they are spiritually discerned.

13. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Did satan "touch" Job?

Yes, BUT ONLY because the Lord permitted it to hapen!

God has him and his deons ALL on His leash, and they can go/do ONLY what God allow them to do!

Christians walking in the HS, covered by the blood of Christ, have nothing to fear from them, but need to be mindul and aware of their actions!

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it Comes to the Supernatural....

....One of my favorite books is "Destine for the Throne." And it has a super intro/foreward by Billy Graham.

Check it out at: http://www.amazon.com/dp/1556617399/?tag=baptis04-20

I've learned that this life is definitely a classroom, and that we are all learning how we will be responsible for the judgment of Angels, and while on earth, we are deputized to act on behalf of Christ by the name of God! :thumbs:

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

My pastor once told me this story: When he was a young assistant pastor, his pastor and another young pastor drove overnight from Kentucky to Michigan to attend a conference. As they were travelling, a small black sports car came up behind them and rode on their bumper. They moved to the right, but the car would not pass. They slowed down, speeded up, but still the car remained behind them. Finally, they pulled off the road. The black car passed them and suddenly vanished. Not drove out of sight, VANISHED. They were very startled by this.

They stopped at a diner to relax and have a meal. A man entered the diner, he was tall with long black hair, and was dressed in black from head to toe. The man asked who was driving the white van in the parking lot. The senior pastor told the man in black he was driving the van and invited this strange man to sit with them.

They talked for several minutes when the senior pastor asked, "You are a demon from hell aren't you?" The man said, "Yes I am, and YOU I don't like." He then looked at the young pastor and said, "and YOU I can HURT." The man then stood up and walked out of the diner.

The younger pastor was very shaken by this. They finished their meal and got back on the road. Again, this black car came out of nowhere and got on their bumper. They pulled off the road, and the black car pulled off also. The senior pastor said they should sing about the blood of Jesus. They did, and the car pulled out, passed them and again vanished.

When they got to Michigan, both men called their wives. Both wives said they had been troubled and worried and could not sleep. Both prayed for their husband's safety. This occured at the same time they had this encounter.

I believe this story, my pastor said his pastor was a very honest man who would never make up a story like this.

16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    beamup.....those who made the matrix were clever and i do believe were biblically aware....

However....be very careful when you go outside of the scripture and seek to take outside ideas or concepts and superimpose them on the scripture.

I think I know what you mean....there are things we see through science

magnetism, electric current, atoms, lasers, photons ,xrays, passing through solid objects...yes ..interesting, and somewhat contained in scripture...yet be careful to ascribe meanings that God does not ascribe to spiritual things:wavey:

17. beameup

beameup Member

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. - 2 Cor 4:18

That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us: For in him we live, and move, and have our being; - Acts 17:27, 28a - Paul addressing Gentiles on Mars Hill

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. - Heb 11:3

Science can discover what God has created and describe it for us to understand. In this way, science can actually reinforce our beliefs and strengthen our faith.
    Remember, Newton was a theologian and a scientist.
    http://www.khouse.org/6640/DVD85-1/

#37 beameup, Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  18. JesusFan

ONLY qualification that I would palce on your story is that Demons in the Bible was not in bodily form, just spirits, that had to possess humans in order to have physical bodies..

So that would have been a man demon possessed!

19. Winman

Winman Active Member

Just telling you the story I was told, take it or leave it.

I had another pastor tell me when he attended college they were forbidden to study demonology, as the year before he attended a student had studied this subject. Strange occurances began to happen such as tree limbs falling off of trees and nearly striking this student. This person began to have severe mental problems and had to be hospitalized. So they were forbidden to study this subject.

Again, just repeating what I was told. Both pastors who told me these stories were very godly and sensible men, and I believed them.

And I have had my own experience in this area, but it is a long story.

Demons are nothing to fool around with, they are very real.

20. JesusFan

i agree with you, as the bible never tells us to go seeking after them, but we are commanded to oppose fight against them IF we are under "spiritual attack!"

Christians with armor of God on, abiding in jesus, walking in HS have NOTHING to fear them!