1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual WareFare: Can a demon touch a person?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Dec 8, 2011.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So they don't fly around piloting UFO's?! Or do they?! Using human bodies that they possess!!

2. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Believe that satan uses UFO to divert the unsaved to believing in "gods" for this new Age, that advanced tech/race will save us now...

believe also much of that stuff is sensorary , in that he makes them "think" they are seeing something there!

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

I disagree. The scriptures say the devil goes about like a roaring lion, seeking who he may devour. A lion is a very dangerous animal.

I have seen Pentacostal preachers challenge the devil, saying they would punch him in the nose. This is foolishness, the devil is a very powerful angel. He caused enemies to come down against Job, fire to fall from heaven, and a great wind to collapse his eldest son's house.

Jesus said we should pray that God would deliver us from evil. If we have to be delivered, this shows Satan and his devils have real power.

This is an area Christians should avoid. Satan just might show up and bite your arm off when you try to punch him. We should not make such foolish challenges, Michael himself did not dare make an accusation against Satan. We should always ask Jesus to protect us and deliver us from evil.

4. JesusFan

I am not saying satanis not dangerous/powerful, but AM saying that one Filled with the HS, putting on full armor of God, have NOTHING to fear by him attacking them, as God is for us, who can be against us?

Don't go looking to battle him or demons, but if need to, can be victorious over them IF the Lord has you to combat them...

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, I don't think we should be afraid either, but we should maintain a healthy respect for the enemy. Challenging the devil to show up for a fist-fight is lunacy. I am not afraid of a lion at the zoo, but I would never climb the fence and jump in his cage with him.

God has promised to protect us "in his way", that is, when we obey his commands. But if we take it upon ourselves to challenge the devil when we have not been commanded to do so, we have a good chance of getting seriously hurt.

6. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Also those that try and "bind" "punch" or do whatever to Satan have got ver ignorant theology. When Jesus was confronted by the devil He said "It is written."

7. JesusFan

satan nor any of his demons can ever actually possess a true believer in jesus, as we have been translated from kingdom of Devil to that of Jesus, have HS in us, and the MOST that he can do to one of us would be to get us to believe in his lies, bad theology, heeding seducing spirits...

battle is in our minds, as he can and will oppress us us if we are ignorant to his ways, but a person filled with HS/prayed up, walking in the truth of the Bible have NOTHING to fear from him, don't go looking for him or his demons, but do not walk in fear of him either...

'Greater is He that is in you, than he that isin the World!"

Holy Spirit in us contrasted with spirit of antichrist in this world!