1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Spiritual Warfare

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Benjamin, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I'm done with you. You reject the clear teaching of scripture and instead want to focus on one verse that you make your false doctrine from. That is cult like and I'm not going to participate any longer.

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

I have asked more than 1 here in this thread about peter being called Satan--whether Satan possessed and took control of Peter's voice---and whether satan possesses saints and take control of them also. ???

either some are to scared to answer the simple question---or they are unsure or uncertain about what they really believe on this subject to begin with.

which is it ???? :jesus::jesus::jesus:

3. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Even though it seems you may just dismiss such an answer. Here you are.

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

running scared because you have no answer for the scripture heh ???

the scriptures are NOT clearly taught that Satan is an angelic being NOWHERE in the bible.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

only figures as much that man will keep his phony tradition alive by making it out to be to some angelic fallen angel when its not ???

1 of 2 ways here--either Peter was possessed by this so called satan and his voice was taken control of or.......

the post above was almost completely right till near the end......

Peter thought aS the jews that he would set up a earthly kingdom while here on earth--when peter heard jesus say that he would be taken and killed--that went against the disciples and the jews tradition of thinking---and peter thinking that he was right started to rebuke jesus---the rebuke unto peter from jesus was directly to Peter.

Peter was labeled Satan(an Adversary to the truth because of his false thinking)

here again proves Man has NO authority to say Satan is an fallen angelic being when the scriptures do NOT even say so them selves.

Satan is still a word that means Adversary and in this case it was Peter being the Adversary(satan) toward Christ.

6. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    to be fair. Winman has given multiple answers to the connection of Satan - Lucifer - and the devil, also him being a fallen Angel. It reads from our end as just you not accepting the answers you were given. So then we are at a disagree. May I say that your view is not orthodox Christianity within Baptist and Protestant denominations. Which is why I asked your view on the Trinity, You did not give an answer to the Athanasian Creed. I am worried for your Soul at this point (which I am guessing [and I may be wrong] doesnt concern you). However I am, the SDA and JW view that Jesus is Michael the archangel is a cult in the eyes of Orthodox Christianity, so either we are wrong, or the SDA and JW is wrong. I pray you have the right Jesus.

7. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

above stated that the statement made no sense to peter--yes it did they all knew what the WORD Satan meant and it was an adversary.

Peter knew he was being called Adversary(satan) by Christ but didn't understand why he was because of his false tradion .

8. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see us being warned to be prepared, to be able to withstand a worse time, but where do you find "those nearest to the kingdom of God" are going to face an escalated attack?

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

they are completely speculation on his part--those verses are talking about 2 kings and the judgement of God on those kings and their cities and the cities round about them in a figurative language.

again I state which those here are not hearing---the scriptures does NOT state that Satan was a fallen angelic entity NOWHERE in the scriptures.

you are purely speculating that when the Word satan is used in texts that it is talking about what your tradition holds---but you have NO scripture that plainly and clearly states that Satan was an fallen angelic entity.

you worry about if I have the right jesus or not--theres only 1 Christ and God

just because we disagree on the fallen angelic entity doesn't mean I don't believe in the Christ and hold to what he has done for all mankind .

your statement is foolishness--jesus said to believe HIM and those that have the SON have LIFE---he didn't say those who believe in a fallen angelic entity that the scriptures are not plain about and doesn't even mention that it exists have life---did he ????

Do you think that all Christians will know 100% truth in this body on earth before they die---NO

Chiristians will be judged by Christ himself for rewards---if I am wrong and you are right--then I will suffer loss but remain saved.

if I am right and you are wrong then you will suffer loss and remain saved.

that's what the bible teaches friend--according to your view saints will know all and be perfect in every work--- if that was the case then why the judgement seat of Christ for his Saints--its not gonna be a picnic when we all stand before him and give account friend :tear::tear::tear:

10. Gorship

Gorship Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Your welcome to disagree however, Proper Exegesis and Hermeneutics bring us to the results Winman listed.

You are looking for a proof text such as "Satan is a fallen angel"; we are given multiple pieces of information that allow us to infer this thinking, all of which were listed. The black thread of the exsistance of the being Satan starts in Genesis one, and using a Literal Hermeneutic and exegesis bring us to the being of Satan. Especially the book of Job.

Its a lot more than speculation. You have been provided with this information.

Of course, Conversations that are start to walk on the fringes of Orthodoxy do

My worry hinges on the Michael the archangel business you brought up earlier. Angels are created beings, If Jesus is Michael, Jesus is a created Angel, not fully part of the God Head 3in1 trinitarian theology.

Its highly probable. Im not nearly as intellectual as many others are on this board. I must say its daunting at times to type replies

Gotta double back to the archangel business, I dont know if i could put my foot down on the Satan business and say that your walking into heresy or not.. However, personal conviction would make me curious for your opinion on Gods attributes.

We have been given a proper word in the KJV Bible (incoming hate from a lot of people) to know the God head, our history in creation and why we need redemption and the spiritual battle we face.

Personally I think when we see Jesus we will just be tossing all these 'rewards' at His feet. However this is true... If your going to be at the judgment seat with me my friend, but you need the right Jesus, not a created Jesus but the eternal Jesus.

In heaven things will be revealed to us at Gods revelation and we will be made whole in Body. 1 Cor 15. However we are not perfect here, and no where in scripture does it say that at salvation all things are made known unto us.. if they were... we wouldn't have debate forums on the baptistboard. Yes we will... and it scares me cause I don't know everyone who will be in line with me. I dont mean to come off abrasive or trying to undermine your faith, But I think we can agree that we need the correct Jesus to be saved (if I said something as foolish as "I believe in Jesus who is Oprah winfrey and when I die I get all the benefits of the bible, I would hope that everyone here would call me a heretic and tell me to repent). Which is why I brought up the Athanasian creed, as its a good basic overview of the orthodox 'statement of the saved' if you will. anyway, I have wasted a lot of time i should be working on this. Ill do a Bill O'reilly and give you the last word. :thumbsup: