1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spy on your children - what goes around . . . .

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by billwald, Sep 8, 2009.

1. billwald

billwald New Member

http://www.newstin.com/rel/us/en-010-017991468

>Parents who install a leading brand of software to monitor their kids' online activities may be unwittingly allowing the company to read their children's chat messages - and sell the marketing data gathered. . .

>EchoMetrix CEO Jeff Greene said the company complies with U.S. privacy laws and does not collect any identifiable information.

>"We never know the name of the kid - it's bobby37 on the house computer," Greene said.

Or LadyEagle or Revmitchell or billwald? This software lets the company read our email? The software doesn't know if billwald is 7 or 70.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Not all software works like that. I had software that captured keystrokes (without reporting it to the company). I eventualy deleted the software when my kids turned 18. Plus, I found out from the software that they led boring lives :)

I have a 13yo son who occaisionally uses the computer, but Vista security doesn't allow him to install software or visit unautorized websites. So I no longer need spy software.