1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Malachy's list pops up again...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by robycop3, Apr 5, 2005.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember the thread we had about St. Malachy's list of Popes? Next on his list is Gloria Olivae, "glory of the olive". This COULD have something to do with the Benedictine Order, which has the olive for its symbol. However, far as I'm concerned, this isn't set in stone at all. Guess we'll just hafta wait-n-see who the new Pope will be, and what his ancestry/attributes/nationality are. In the meantime, Any thoughts?

2. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

I'm on the edge of my seat... :D [​IMG] :D

3. mioque

mioque New Member

I'm strongly convinced that 'Malachy's' 'prophecies' are a forgery compiled centuries after his death.
    If not, I'm hoping that the next pope is also Peter the Roman.

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Wouldn't it be interesting if it turns out to be the Jewish guy?

What a hoot!

In HIS service;
    Jim

5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Already happened. Anacletus II, who was of Jewish descent, was elected Pope in 1130 but the College of Cardinals split because of his Jewish background and the dissenting group elected Innocent II. Anacletus was installed as the pontiff but the councils of Rheims and Pisa decided, after the fact, that Innocent II was the real Pope.

Pope John Paul II's mother was named Emily Katz (Polish Emilia Kaczorowska) and was of Jewish descent.

Jean-Marie Lustiger whom JPII appointed Bishop of Paris, and is now a Cardinal, was born a Jew and his parents died at Auschwitz, and if elected would be the 3rd Jewish Pope. [​IMG]