1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Staff Salaries as a Percentage

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by Crucified in Christ, May 28, 2010.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

One, I believe our disagreement to be largely a semantic one; two, I believe it's a big stretch to argue that Scripture somehow does not allow for "church staff."

Extra-Biblical does not mean unBiblical.

2. Bro K

Bro K New Member

Don't believe that I said the Scripture didn't allow for "church staffs".

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, then, I stand corrected.

4. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

Bro K,

I am not looking to debate with you concerning whether or not the Pastor is technically a staff member. This was not the purpose of my OP. My last response to you was simply trying to clarify the question that you brought up as to whether or not I intended for the Pastors salary to be included. I have now clearly stated that I did. If you wish to debate the question that you are offering, please start another thread. The question in the OP is of interest to myself and others and deserves for the thread to stay on-topic. Thank you brother and if you start the thread in question, I will try to stop in and post there. God bless.

5. Crucified in Christ

By the way, I realized that I have never posted our numbers. Our church apportions 52.24% of the annual budget to staff (Pastor, Youth Pastor, Music Minister, Secretary, Pianist, Custodian).

The controversy at my friend's church is very interesting (this is partly why I was interested in your input). I will bring it up in a separate thread in a few days...I don't want to get this thread off-topic.

If anyone else is reading this and has not posted percentages, I would appreciate them doing so. After all, it is for a good cause: my knowledge.:praying:

6. Bro K

Bro K New Member

No debate. Just Fact. Maybe one of the Board's Admin will let us know how they conduct their meeting and how the meeting is governed.

I reviewed my postings and nowhere found where is questioned you intent to pay the Pastor.
    My posting on 5-29-2010 @ 2:45pm may be shed some light on my views.

7. Crucified in Christ

I have respectfully asked you to stop hijacking this thread. Half of the posts in this thread are already off-topic due to your changing the subject (either your re-direction into this question or people responding to it). Again, if you wish to discuss the other issue, start your own thread. I would think that a Christian gentleman would oblige a simple request to stay on-topic.

8. Bro K

Bro K New Member

1. Hijacking? Please be specific.
    2. Re-direction....stay on-topic> Read following:

My Post (#6) was my initial reply to your Post (#1)
    No re-direction there

My Post (#8) was my reply to rbell's Post (#7) to clarify what I said in Post #6.
    No re-direction there

My Post (#13) was my reply to BroChris Post (#12) to compliment him.
    No re-direction there

My Post (#20) was my reply to your Post (#17) showing what a staff member is and to whom they work for.
    No re-direction there

My Post (#22) was my reply to rbell's Post (#21) to correct a misleading assumption.
    No re-direction there

My Post (#26) was my reply to your Post (#24) to state a simple fact.
    No re-direction there.

I request that the Administrators to this thread review the entire thread and submit where I have erred. Rest assured if I'm doing ANYTHING unacceptable
    I regret it; but I must BE SHOWN so I can take corrective actions in the future. :confused:

9. Crucified in Christ

I talked to a few area pastors today and their numbers seem to fall into the range that we are seeing here: 43.4%, 47%, 51%, 54.2%, and 60.334%.

Thank you to everyone who has posted numbers as requested in the OP. You have been a blessing.

10. Crucified in Christ

Moderators:

I believe that this thread has served its purpose as several people responded with helpful answers. Seeing that no one else has responded to the OP in more than 24 hours, it might just be better to let this one go into retirement by shutting it down. It might save everyone involved an unneeded headache.

Thanks and God bless,
    Crucified

11. Siberian

Siberian New Member

Our budget gives 47% to the pastor, staff and other personnel (Pastor, Assistant Pastor, Youth Pastor, Worship Pastor, admin. assistants, accountants, and paid childcare workers).

12. Crucified in Christ

Thank you brother for your helpful input.