1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stand Up For America -- Support Our Troops! Rally

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by UnashamedYouth, Apr 7, 2003.

1. UnashamedYouth

UnashamedYouth New Member

not starting a discussion here... just sharing photos of the Rally... it wasn't a support the war or dont support the war... weither we like it or not our troops are over there so there's no real reason to not support them

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290395929

2. christfollower55

christfollower55 New Member

Don't open that bag of worms bud! To many people have to many opinions on that subject!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    that is my opinion

3. UnashamedYouth

I'm sharing pictures... what's wrong with that... do you have a Bible verse on that too? If you noticed I said I'm NOT starting a discussion... I'm showing photos I took at a rally that did NOT support either side... but supported the troops... there's NOTHING offensive about it.

4. christfollower55

NO VERSE I WAS JUST SAYIN BE CAREFUL..

GOD BLESS AMERICA

5. UnashamedYouth

WHY should I "be careful" ? If people are offended by pictures of people supporting the troops then they're the one's with problems anyway

this is the only board where I've had anyone comment that this could lead to trouble....

6. christfollower55

just be careful of others. the bible says if offend my brothern to eat meat then i'll not eat meat...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

7. UnashamedYouth

8. christfollower55

I can't remember the exact place but Paul said it in i belive it's in Galatians or Ephisians. Some where around there, i'll look it up and let you know...

GOD BLESS AMERICA.....

9. Grace

Grace New Member

I have to say I'm with unashamed youth. It is not harmful to show the pictures she took at a rally to support the troops. Unashamed, thank you for sharing them. Believe me, our troops need to know that we care and more than anything that we are praying. My uncle and my Sunday School teacher are over there, and Uncle Scott has let it be known that they love to know that we support them. We don't have to agree on the issues, we just have to agree to pray for them to be protected and brought home safely.

10. christfollower55

This is why i said what i said about offending others... If you read the quote above you see that unshamed youth does not care...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

11. UnashamedYouth

thank you Grace

Christfollower... are you sure you're not getting confused with the don't let a weaker brother or sister in Christ stumble?

12. christfollower55

I Support the troops probaly more than some because i have family and friends over there. i am not saying don't post them or don't support them or whatever you think i'm saying all i was saying was be careful who you discuss that issue with.....

GOD BLESS AMERICA

13. UnashamedYouth

This is why i said what i said about offending others... If you read the quote above you see that unshamed youth does not care...

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    </font>[/QUOTE]there is nothing wrong with supporting our troops! there is something wrong with hoping they face opposition!

14. christfollower55

no i am not confused like i said i will look it up tonight and give you the verse tomorrow. i am paraphrasing here but it says if it offend my brothern for me to eat meat then i'll not eat meat. what it is sayin is we as christians should not do things to diliberatly offend others...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

15. christfollower55

there is nothing wrong with supporting our troops! there is something wrong with hoping they face opposition! [/QB][/QUOTE]

I don't wish they face opposition where did you get that i said that??? And i never said there was anything wrong with supporting our troops i wish i was one of the troops.... However, God did not give me the honor to be physically able to become one...

GOD BLESS AMERICA

16. UnashamedYouth

then where can people be offended?

and where did you come off saying that I deliberately tried of offend with this thread? There are LOST people on OTHER BOARDS who DO NOT AGREE with this war AT ALL and they had nothing but nice comments

yet I come to a CHRISTIAN board, and I'm rideculed for sharing harmless photos because I may do something that the Bible warns about? This is the first time I've run across this sort of thing where my photos are offensive... maybe I was upset... and yes maybe I don't care if my photos DO offend. If they offend because this person doesn't want to support our troops then *I* don't feel bad. My church has on their board that we're PROUD to stand up for our troops. So I don't see how as a Christian I am doing something that is grossly out of line with the Bible.