1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stange encounter with storm spyware?

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by music4Him, Sep 30, 2004.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Can the BB computer techs help............

[​IMG]
    As I was serfin' the WWW. I got a unwarrented pop up (I'm a AOL user :( ) Anyhoo it was for spyware and I clicked "No" because I didn't want to install at this time, but it contined to bring up a website to download. Next thing I know I got the box with the download ready to install. I've never had anything like this happen before. And it was for "Storm Spyware".....Is this company on the up and up? (BTW, the webpage also had a mispelled word. Sentence said to *Click on the "yelow" bar.*

Well just seemed stange and when the install box poped up I clicked cancel as fast as I could. Did I do the right thing? If this is new type of bug ware to trick people how is it reported?

Thank you, [​IMG]
    Music4Him

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I did a targeted Google search and it appears that all the sites involved are Cracker/Hacker sites...

I'd steer far away until more is known...

If you need Spyware or Spybot help I recommend Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware SE...

Those in conjunction with a good Firewall (Zone Alarm or Sygate Personal)

With a good Anti-Virus package should be all you need...

In addition to dumping AOL... (*IF* They'll let you...)

3. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Who was that Masked man??????? Thanks and God Bless you, SpiritualMadMan. I knew something was fishy.

4. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Masked Man??? Smile when you say that [​IMG]

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

(sorry, couldn't resist lol)

5. music4Him

music4Him New Member

tee hee hee.....Hi Adam ~Music4Him waving~ [​IMG]

Yep that SpiritualMadMan has been a big help since I got back in the BB. Finding scriptures and letting me know about the spyware stuff. It scared me when I clicked the "No" button (not to download) and it started downloading. Thats when I found out the BB had this computer fourm.

Thank you BB and the great people you have here too!

Music4Him