1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Starting a Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Tom Bryant, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Very, very true.

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Brother, I think you and me both know that there are "pastors" who would love to get a salary by doing just this.

#22 Mexdeaf, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
  3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Wow, Ann, you just described us (about 20 years ago) to a "T".

If it were not for a pastor who had a heart for "beat-up" sheep, I doubt that I would be in the ministry today. Gotta go weep now...

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who you going to reach?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I currently have no position & its not my job to have a position.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strike two:laugh:

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't it sad? It took about 3 months of counseling to help this couple escape (we didn't tell them they had to leave but showed them that it was an unhealthy church - it needed to be their decision to leave). I can't imagine how it feels to be that person but man, it's so sad that there are churches that have their flock feel this beat up!! :(

I'm so glad that you were able to get out, get healed and now be able to minister. May God use that in your life to help other beat up sheep!!

8. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

And if that group ever did organize into a church, they'd probably call it "FRIENDSHIP" BC or maybe "UNITY" BC!! :smilewinkgrin:

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Actually, my friend, you DO have a position. Everyone does.

I admire your passion even if I disagree with your position sometimes. :1_grouphug:

10. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Biggest lie on a church sign that I have seen.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me try to explain a little more. Up here, religion & churches are owned by the Roman Catholic Church. I walk 5 blocks & I am at a RCC. 12 blocks a RCC, walk a 1 mile & another RCC, go 3 miles and another RCC, 5 miles another & on it goes. Do you think they are all happy there? I was just thinking of my mother on her death bed telling me that for a long time that she despised the catholic church .... but because of many pressures & the lack of good quality alternatives she never detached.....never completely broke free. I found that sad. How many folks do you think might feel that way.....who feel there are no alternatives simply for lack of an alternative.

12. Gib

Gib Active Member

I was a member of that church. That's where I learned some of the meanest people in the world were Christians.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Youd never have a sign like that in New Jersey. 1st it would have to be LED. Then, as I said....Baptist Churches are extinct here. It would be a "Bible Community, New Life, Abundant Life FRIENDSHIP Church"

Then you would have to go to 6 services to find out what the real agenda is......or "Foget a Bout It"

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come to think about it youse gave me a great idear.

The Baptist church a coupla towns over just changed their stripes to a Charismatic assembly,(another one bites the dust is playing in my head). They musta PO's some remaining Baptists off right.....I mean they are displaced. Should I run over there & pick um up? Or is that wrong.....then where would I put um I'm thinkin? :laugh:

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joisey transplants perhaps? LOL

Hey Gibby, you a Hipster.....or as we would say in NJ, a Hipsta!:smilewinkgrin:

16. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually the city and neighborhood is full of people to reach. You can''t swing a dead cat without hitting an unsaved person. That's who paul went after. That's who Jesus told us to go after.

Reach out to lost people. Don't you have any up there? :laugh:

17. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who cares what other churches are around there? It's a matter of seeing the fields and start planting and watering and allow God to give His increase.

I, also, find it sad that people are held in slavery to the RCC or any other group. But if they're not saved they're under a greater slavery than just to the Roman church. The world needs churches that will simply preach and live out the Gospel to those who have never heard a clear presentation of the amazing Gospel.

18. Herald

Herald New Member

19. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

That's not the correct usage of the Word here Johnny, nor is it rightly handling it.

A correct church meets requirements such as having elders, pastors, deacons &c.

So many today use this verse as you have and use it to defend their not attending church, and that they 'don't have to go', they 'do it at home' and it gets worse as they continue to make excuses.

Two or three can meet in His name, and they can have fellowship, but it isn't church.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really dont get it do you? There is a reason why other churches are successful & Baptist churches aren't & you just defined it ..... They cultivated the fields & planted & watered. Others were a no show or else didnt do the due diligence.

Yea actually NJ needs that.....where are you? And you know I am right. You've told me yourself that you never see young seminarians come up North. Rather they stay where the comfort zone is....where its easy.

See Im no professional Minister. I haven't been schooled in a seminary.....my profession is in the field of Electrical so I have to be precise or I can kill somebody so yea Im outa my element when it comes to planting churches. But the Lord did NOT give me Salvation at 53 YO to ignore my brothers & sisters in my home town, in my community, in my state. I have sight now & I want that for my neighbors..... and Im telling you this, that I am serious as a heart attack.....this area needs help.....get it.... HELP!