1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Startling Pairing

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Debby in Philly, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just saw something on Route 1 in northeast Philly that really got my attention. Several of those political "lawn signs" stuck in the grass dividers of the road.

It read, "Kerry & Specter, working for families."

What's up with that? :eek: I have no idea what group sponsored the signs. Certainly not the DNC or the RNC.

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Debby, possibly another Kerry running for Congress, etc? Everyone knows Bob Barr from Georgia.... well another Barr was running as a Democrat and another office but his name was on signs with other dem's and it was very confusing until I researched it.

Diane

3. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

4. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! How'd you figure that out? Good job! I can say that it makes sense now, as I would expect that from those folks. I still can't figure out how Specter calls himself a Republican. It's an insult to Rick Santorum.

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Specter was, after all, supported by Bush, against a pro-life candidate.

Bush's support was enough to save Specter.

Shouldn't that establish him as a true republican?

6. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

If you can't figure out how Specter calls himself a Republican, what did you think of the lineup of speakers at the GOP convention?

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

All the more reason to move beyond the "Big Two."

Pairings like this give give credence to those who refer to:

Republicrats and Demoblicans.

8. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Not really. Santorum joined Bush in helping Specter defeat his pro-life challenger.

I wonder just how far the GOP will have to go to lose the support of evangelical Christians.

I guess thay are smart, giving the action to the baby-killers, and taking the votes of the Christian right in return for nothing.

9. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

In North Carolina, SEIU (Service Employee International Union) is funneling money to the GOP nominee for Governor, Patrick Ballantine, who was endorsed by the State Employees Association.

Never thought I'd see unions endorsing Republicans. Either the unions are tired of swallowing the same old Democrat line...or there's not enough difference between the two parties anymore to make a difference.

10. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

The GOP ain't what it used to be. Union employees, though, are off base to be endorsing either major party. They are both supportive of using tax money to subsidize overseas factories for American corporations. They were both on board to pass NAFTA, and are both lining up to pass FTAA, which is a bigger and worse version of NAFTA.

Unions, like pro-lifers, feed the hand that bites them.