1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

State races....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by raunhawk, Oct 1, 2005.

1. raunhawk

raunhawk New Member

I know its early, but is there any big and/or important Governor or Congress races coming up in your state for 2006?
    I am from Iowa and our governor, Tom Vilsack, is not running for re-election(probably getting ready for prez in '08) We have a extremely conservative guy from NW Iowa named Bob Vander Plaats(this is whom I am pulling for) who has never held public office who is running for the republican nomination against Jim Nussle who is one of our congressman. I believe Nussle is the Chairman of the house appropriations committee in Washington. So with Republican spending out of control that might be a downside for him.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We will be electing a new governor and lieutenant governor in Arkansas in 2006. I don't know that much about the candidates yet or if everyone who is going to run has even announced.

3. One View

One View New Member

The state of Ohio has an election for governor in 2006. Aside from the usual politicians running for office, is the current Secretary of State, Ken Blackwell.

I fully support him based upon his Christian values and his conservative policies. It will be quite an intersting election.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

New York has the governor's seat and Clinton's senate seat.

So far, Jeanine Pirro, district attourney for Westchester County is the only one openly gunning for Clinton.

Governor Pataki is not seeking reelection, but I don't know who is running.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    DAISY, News update!!! There is a conservative alternative to Pirro. Check out this site on EDWARD COX

Cox is the son-in-law of the late President Nixon

Salty

6. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Thanks for the update, Salty.

Unfortunately, from that snippet, he seems to have the same campaign strategy as Rick Lazio had - "Vote for me 'cause I'm not Her" which is one of the reasons I ended up voting for her.

The only reason Hillary Clinton is an "embarrassment" to the righties is because they have used her as the poster child for all things bad, scary, ugly and evil. She has not been particularly liberal as New York's junior senator, but has sought middle-ground, even to the point of cozying up to Newt and co-sponsoring bills with him & his ilk.

Meanwhile, in Virginia:
    I wonder if the slime tactics will work this time around. Virginia politics makes New York seem almost civil. I can't see Pataki or Cuomo stooping that.

[ October 12, 2005, 04:20 PM: Message edited by: Daisy ]