1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stats: Google Encrypted Searches

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Gina B, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

This is annoying me. Apparently, people who are signed into Google while doing searches have those searches "encrypted." That means that when they visit my website, I can't see what their search terms were, so in turn, when I view statistics like key words used, it's going to skew the results quite a bit since Google searches are most common.

Is there any way around this? DOES it skew the results for overall key words searched in stats or does it simply keep you from viewing what an individual person searched for that brought them to the page?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can't find a way. My first impression is, use Google Analytics, since Google's still storing the search terms; but the implication is that Analytics won't be able to see the referring terms, either.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thanks Don. Ah well. With so many REAL invasions of privacy, I'd think this would be the LEAST of anyone's concerns...