1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Steelers Bears who do you pick ?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by west, Dec 8, 2005.

1. west

west New Member

I think the Bears will lose .My reason .A must win for us .If we lose our seasons over .If we win our season may still be over .Then the following week the hot Vikings .Now we may lose that one .I like the Bears and have liked them for years but not this week .

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

As a lifelong Bears fan my heart says the Bears will win....but my head tells me this is probably where the winning streak ends and Pittsburg wins...but it should be a good game.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

As someone who doesn't really care one way or the other, I can objectively look at it and say that if both teams are on their best gaem, the Steelers will win. However, if the Steelers have any lapses, the Bears will take advantage of the situation.

4. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

The thing that scares me is that Big Ben does make too many mistakes. His game is not flashy and risky. If the Bears can pressure him the way they did Favre they have a chance. I think it will take more than 13 points to win though. What do you think?

5. west

west New Member

We the Steelers seem to have to run to win .The last 26 games we wone 20 and lost six .The six we lost we ran for under 100 yards total .The 20 we won we ran for well over 100 yards .The games we through for over 300 yards we lost .Boy its going to TOUGH to run against DA BEARS !!!!

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I think the Steelers will win for a couple of reasons. #1, they're desperate. All things being equal, the desperate team usually wins in the NFL. These teams are pretty evenly matched. But, I think the Steelers offense can wear the Bears down and I think the Steelers defense can shut the Bears out.

#2, the Bears offense is truly pathetic. At least it was pathetic last week against a decent Packers defense, going 0-10 on 3rd down, which is pretty inexcusable for an NFL QB. I'm not necessarily calling for Rex Grossman, but Orton simply has to play better.

This has the look of a low scoring game.

7. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, is it too late to say STEELERS?

I was stationed in Germany ('81-84) and "Monday Night Football" on Armed Forces Network was a rebroadcast of a Sunday game. Monday was also the day new guys came to the unit. So some of the new guys would get talked into betting on the outcome of the Monday night game. They were usually in transit while we were reading Stars and Stripes getting the score of a game already played.

8. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

So that is where the phrase, "sure thing" came from?

9. west

west New Member

I don;t think its to late with some help though for the Steelers to get in as a Wild Card .But we won;t get very far .

10. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

The Steelers have the Vikes, Browns and Liedowns left. They'll run the table, finish 11-5, and make the playoffs as a Wild Card.