1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stem Cell Probe

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by DeeJay, Dec 16, 2006.

1. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6171083.stm

This is what happens when we do not value human life and become so selfish that we are willing to kill babies to cure our illnesses.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And embryonic stem cell research has been a bust when it comes to cures and I expect that it will continue to be so. Clearly, adult stem cells and cord blood are the direction to go.

www.stemcellresearch.org

3. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Based on reaction to other moral issues, it won't be long before liberals decry this situation and state that as soon as stem cell research is legal, this situation will not occur.

Abortion is the first example that comes to mind.

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I can see them trying that argument, but. It will not hold water because stem cell research is legal in the Ukraine. In fact it is legal here, only Gov. funds are not used for it.

5. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Exactly.

:applause:

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I would not really matter if it cured every known illness and let people live to be 300 years old.

Killing babies is wrong. And useing murdered babies for our own benifit is twice as wrong.

7. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

You are so right, and I knew that. My own wishful thinking let a Freudian slip right in!!

8. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Why is it that when I turn on evening news or pick up the paper I do not see this story. Fox's support for stem cells was on the news for days, Rush's comments on Fox were on the news for weeks. Yet nothing about this story in the evening news on cbs, nbc, abc or even fox.