1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stereotypes men hate.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Fishnbread, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

originally posted by Archeryaddict
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

Im sorry are you guys pointing out stereotypes? or penning them on men with these post's. I can't tell.

:confused:

your servant
    fishnbread

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've seen the mods say many times since I've been here if you want it private take it either to the private forum or pm.
    Posting on a public board means anyone who wishes may contribute.
    But prehaps you just haven't learned this yet, but so far as I've seen in the over 4 years I've been here, this is how it always has worked in the past.

Excuse me, what?
    you said,,
    ===With all respect to El.Guero for her thread on (stereotypes women hate). ===
    I commented on just what you said, so if it is off topic, you are the one who got it off topic in your very first post.

you want people to stick to it?
    well, this DICTIONARY site doesn't even know what it is.

3. Archeryaddict

Archeryaddict New Member

Im sorry are you guys pointing out stereotypes? or penning them on men with these post's. I can't tell.

:confused:

your servant
    fishnbread
    </font>[/QUOTE]Well since I am a Man and a lot of my thoughts are about
    about sex (but only with my wife),cars,food, hunting, fishing, and football.

I will admit that we can be messy creatures but belching, scratching and passing gas is not something we like to do it is just a bodily function.

guess what women fit this one too

Just being honest here [​IMG]

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

men are all pigs, [oink-oink]
    we have a one track mind
    we are all lazy or have the tendency to be lazy
    money burns a hole in our pockets....

....and that's just what Dr. Bob's wife says about him :rolleyes: [​IMG]

5. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

GOLF is a four-letter word!

Men are such boors / bores!

I once said, "A Penny for your thoughts, Dear, but none of them made any sense!"

You can ALWAYS tell a man, but you can't tell him much.

MY man is different. He ALWAYS tells me the truth when I ask him if I should go on a diet!

He NEVER asks me how I FEEL about ANYthing. That's why I tell HIM BEFORE he asks!

Ben Franklin's marriage advise? A couple should enter into marriage with BOTH eyes wide open, and then live together with BOTH eyes half shut.

And before I'm through, I just have to repeat the
    classic Lady Astor vs. Sir Winston Churchill verbal spar:

LA: "Sir Winston, if I were YOUR wife, I'd put poison in your tea!" :mad: :mad:

WC: "And, my dear madam, if YOU were MY wife.... :eek: :eek: ... I'd drink it!"

6. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

posted by DonnA
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    originally posted by DonnA

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If it's only for men it needs to be in the MPF, if it's in a public forum it for the pubilc. Meaning anyone can post.

originally posted by me, Fishnbread

quote:
    P.S I kind of only made this thread for the gentlemen, "BUT THE LADIES CAN COME IN TO".

I've seen the mods say many times since I've been here if you want it private take it either to the private forum or pm.
    Posting on a public board means anyone who wishes may contribute.
    But prehaps you just haven't learned this yet, but so far as I've seen in the over 4 years I've been here, this is how it always has worked in the past.

quote:
    originally posted by DonnA

quote:
    The OP of the women's thread is not a woman I think, he said he is a pastor. Plus men have posted there too.

originally posted by me, fishnbread

quote:
    Just so they stick to the theam.

Excuse me, what?
    you said,,
    ===With all respect to El.Guero for her thread on (stereotypes women hate). ===
    I commented on just what you said, so if it is off topic, you are the one who got it off topic in your very first post.

quote:
    theam

originally posted by me, fishnbread
    DonnA I request that you either stick to the theam and post a stereotype that you dislike about men or leave to another thread, where character assasination is encouraged.

P.S are you guys sure Im not in The twilight zone [​IMG]

your servant
    fishnbread

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

What charcter assasination are you talking about? I addressed what you yourself posted. And then I even proved you poasted what I was addressing.
    If you have a problem with people responding to your posts (and to your very own words as I showed) then maybe your in the worng place. Your were the one who couldn't keep to your own topic in your very first post.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

steryotype- men are pushy and overbearing.
    but then thats not exactly a steryotype is it.

9. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Who... uuuuus??? [​IMG] Yep, we do it all, too. Man, I can win a contest (and yes we have them) But its only "stereotypical" of men [​IMG]

I know MANY rednecks who are Christians, by the way. And I am pointing out stereotypes I hear - not accusing anyone of being anything. And no, I ain't no redneck!! [​IMG]

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Yea, but TaterTot---see, you've got a problem!! You SAY you ain't no redneck---but you live here in Mississippi

I tell folks all the time that I'm a Cajun(not a redneck) but they laugh and say things like "That can't be! You're livin' in Mississippi and that makes you a redneck!!" Is that stereotypin'??

Resident of Mississippi=redneck???

Native of south Louisiana=Cajun!!!!

11. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Tater Tot, blackbird, et. al.:

Just remember, ALL generalities are ABSOLUTELY FALSE!.....including this one! [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Stereotype;
    Men don't know how to communicate.
    (See the exchange with Donna and fishnbread)
    :rolleyes: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In HIS service;
    Jim

13. delly

delly New Member

Blackbird, according to Random House Webster's College Dictionary, there probably ain't a redneck anywhere near this board and I wouldn't be calling anybody one either since it is an unChristian term.

The definition of Redneck: All the senses of this term are usually used with disparaging intent, implying negative stereotypical traits such as ignorance and bigotry.
    It is a term used to refer to an uneducated white farm laborer, esp. from the South. It is used to refer to a bigot or reacitonary, especially from the rural working class.

So, I guess calling someone a redneck is using not only a stereotype, but a slur on their character, whether they are male or female.

I am not a redneck although I am from a farm laborer family in the South, but I am not uneducated nor am I a bigot. I suspect that neither Tatertot nor you would qualify for that term either.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

Blackbird, your a redneck cajun, thats simple enough.
    What a combination.
    Eatin deep fried spicy gator while drivin a tractor.
    yep, sounds like Blackbird alright.

15. donnA

donnA Active Member

delly, that may be the actual defination of redneck, but it's not how the word is used by anyone. In actuality now, the defination has evolved to mean a countrified southerner(some may have other ideas of it's current usage), and this is how it is used when you hear people say it. If it were something bad no one would call themselves a redneck. Currently, no one takes the meaning to mean uneducated, or biggot, nor it is aslur, as I just said, people call themselves a redneck.
    Dictionaried frequently have to update the meanings of words becasue the usah\ge changes the meaning of them. The dictionary says the defination of gay is
    once that didn't exsist as a part of the defination of gay, but the word usage has changed. As in this case, the word usage has changed,a nd sooner or later the dictionaries will catch up.
    Countrified southerner/redneck = can be anyone, not just those in the south.

16. delly

delly New Member

Donna, I don't understand how one can be a countrified Southerner if they aren't from the South. LOL Lots of Northerners would take exception to that term.

The dictionary I used is an up-to-date version, and here in Tennessee being called a redneck is a slur. Most people here know that it is a stereotype for uneducated country hick or hillbilly and, I must say, we do have some folks who fit the image, but calling them a redneck is not preferred. We are trying to get away from the Hollywood impression that all of us here are barefoot, illiterate, in-bred, country hicks. The people of the South are stereotyped more than any other part of the country.

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've known many of them. have sen many in the north.
    It's state of mind, not a state on the map.

Isn't that funny, the stuff coming out of Nashville reinforces what I said about being a redneck.
    It has nothing to do with hollywood. It has to do with being all country, as compared to all city, which there are plenty here also, like I said not a state on the map, a state of mind. And I have never met one single person who thinks it means uneducated, ignorant, and biggoted, they'd be more offended by that defination then by being called redneck.
    It's cultural usage of the word, no one reads the dictioanry to find out what common everyday words mean to someone else who doesn't live here and use our words thinks.
    Heres a fun site for you.(does not mean I agree with anything there that might be about sex, alchol, or spouses)
    http://members.lycos.nl/jurgenspage/newpage28.html

Of course this dictionary difines redneck as
    http://dict.die.net/redneck/
    as does this one

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/redneck

Jeff Foxworthy defines it as
    Which is the absence of pretense, being what you aren't, not snooty, poeple who think they know more then everyone else, who take pride in their super intelligence which makes them superior, who don't have fun in life, and who have no idea what that is.
    http://archives.cnn.com/2000/SHOWBIZ/Arts/07/14/foxworthy/
    Oh, and to let you know he isn't hollywood, he was doing this routine before anyone ever knew who he was, and he hasn't changed becasue now they do know who he is.

Basically when it comes to the defination of redneck, it is defined anyway the user of the word, or the one claiming to be redneck wants to define it. None ever thnks of poor, uneducated, or biggoted. Thats for those who are sophisticated enough to not know the difference.

Did you know Wal Mart has line of redneck greetings cards? And of any line of cards Wal Mart sells this is their biggest selling line, all over the country, not just the south. So it seems like it is very few people who do not understand just what a redneck is.

18. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

originally posted by av1611jim
    Yeah because any time there is an issue of miscommunication it has to to be do to the man's ignorrance, because men are dumb and women are smart that's why God calls women into leadership positions. women are all intelligent and men are all muscle headed, boastful, sex greedy, brutes. See gentlemen we are just nicely dresssed Apes. That makes perfect sense.

P.S dosent that mean that God is a woman? because there is no way a man could be that smart and powerful.

your servant
    fishnbread
    ;) :D [​IMG]

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

20. Fishnbread

Fishnbread New Member

Hmmm, I thought we were posting stereotypes we don't like about men not showing how inmature a full grown "born again" adult could be. please post another stereotype or leave DonnA.

your servant
    fishnbread