1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Steven J. Lawson, The Gospel Focus of Charles Spurgeon , Part I

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Reformed, Dec 26, 2014.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A+ on stories in that post - but not so well on actual facts.

In real life this is where we are in the john 12 discusison -

Your complaints against John 12:32 were completely resolved here #102
    Then your next argument that Paul teaches salvation by works in Romans 2 was exposed here #105

After which you basically vacated the field .

How is it that when your solution runs aground on the facts of scripture -- this is "my fault"??

Rather it is up to you to improve your position so you are not so squarely opposing scripture.

obviously.

in Christ,

Bob

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He did not see the scriptures as stating that either the elct are already saved regardless how they responded to jesus, nor that we are to preach unto just them, as he saw that God commanded us to preach and teach jesus to all sinners, and then let God handles the saving part!

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting to me the most here is that he, like myself, held to the 5 points, and yet also saw God at work to save infants and others unable to come to jesus through mentally assertions!

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you come to grips though yet with the truth that the Gospel of the SDA is NOT the one Paul preached, nor Jesus Himself?

Until you do that, your reasoning on the Bible will indeed by :as thru a glass dimly"

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am informed that there will be substantive response to the answers given from Romans 2 and John 12:32 in the case above. That should be interesting.

I started this with #12 - but I think john 12 and Romans 2 might be a bit easier - so let's see.

in Christ,

Bob