1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stick a Fork in Her - She's Done

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, May 7, 2008.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She's not going away anytime soon.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you're right, Ken, she is finished. Don't think anyone saw this happening a year ago!

It couldn't happen to a nicer woman... :laugh:

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I thought I knew a little about politics :)

4 years ago there was not doubt that Hillary was in. A few months ago I thought Obama was a sure thing.

After Pennsylvania I would have put money on a Hillary/Obama ticket.

Now I agree Ken - Hillary is washed up and Obama will select a middle of the road experienced running mate.

If Obama does not win, which I don't think he can against McCain, Hillary will be back strong in '12.

Course, like I said - I used to think I knew a little about politics :).

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Maybe RevMitchell should be Obama's running mate! :eek:

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That depends on one's definition of "soon". By one month from today there will no longer be a Clinton for President campaign ongoing.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know what you mean. It just shows, to use a football analogy, that if a team thinks it can just throw its helmet on the field and win, that it doesn't always happen that way.

Senator Clinton should have won this race; however, she didn't take the threat of Senator Obama's campaign seriously enough as 2007 wound down. She let too many caucuses and smaller primaries go by the wayside. Senator Obama had a better ground game and marshalled his resources better.

As far as the general election goes, anyone who bets money on either Senator Obama or Senator McCain winning is a much braver person with his/her money than I am.

I think that Senator Obama will win since the Democrats are shaping up to have significant gains in the House and Senate on November 4. We may have the reverse coattails effect - the House and Senate candidates will pull the presidential candidate to victory instead of vice versa.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Theres more to Obama then meets the eye, and I don't think it's good. Too many small things, that don't add up well.
    I don't want either of them for president, but he scares me.
    After reading his wife's speech, I believe they agree with their pastor. This means trouble.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

BY that I mean she is not dropping out just because of last night.

10. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

To use another "football analogy" Obama is the beneficairy of the "McNabb-Limbuagh syndrome". The liberal media are so anxious to see a black (liberal) president that they are hyping up a mediocre presidential candidate just like they hyped up a mediocre quarterback.

11. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

You can say shes done but she isnt I was at her victory party at the Murat last night and her last words at the end of her speech is thats its on to Washington from here. She has what alot of voters are looking for I for one think shes great!

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All one had to do is see the look on Bill Clinton's face last night during Senator Clinton's speech to know that the Clinton camp realizes that the race is over for all practical purposes.

All that is left is to negotiate a smooth way for her to exit the race after May 20.

13. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I believe this pretty much sums it up. She may hang on for a while longer, but any hope she had of winning the nomination is over.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If a Democrat wins in November, what difference does it make which of the two gets the nomination? They are both the same.

15. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Gary Hart had the nomination wrapped up, or so everyone thought. If another Reverend Wright or Bill Ayers crawls out of his closet, before the convention and the super delegates vote, Barack Hussien Obama could be toast. I think Hillary is waiting around to see if the media will begin to treat him like a candidate who's life and politics need to be scrutinized instead of a rock star who gets a free pass.
    Can anybody on the BB name any meaningful legislation that he has introduced as Senator, yet his mantra is change. Senator's have alot of power. What has he changed or even sought to change while he's been in the Senate. What did he accomplish in Illinois? What has he accomplished in Washington. He has looks, oratory skills, and charisma, beyond that not much else.

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You are very right which is why the super delegates won't step in and put an end to this... They fear there may be more skeletons yet to be unmasked. Like with this war, no one wants to be the one to later say, "I supported him" if an even uglier moster appears...

17. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

exactly. What are we each going to do about making sure this doesn't happen?

18. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"As far as I can calculate it, though, Mrs Clinton can carry all the next five states AND Puerto Rico and still not get an arithmetical majority. Nonetheless, she continues to act as if she knows something that the rest of us do not. And I can tell you that it spooks the Obama campaign."

Christopher Hitchens

19. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I know what I'm going to do. I plan on casting my vote for Obama in November!

20. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Waste of money

It seems like a huge waste of money for her to continue.....so why is she doing it?

In typical Clinton style, she is doing it cause she can.

AJ