1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

still more idiocy in schools...

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by rbell, Dec 20, 2006.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

http://www.herald-mail.com/?module=displaystory&story_id=154557&format=print

5 year-old charged w/sexual harrassment. This will be on this boy's record until Middle School!

As you read this article, some gems stand out:

(school spokesperson Mowen) "It's important to understand a child may not realize that what he or she is doing may be considered sexual harassment, but if it fits under the definition, then it is, under the state's guidelines," Mowen said." She described this situation as "a learning activity."

Well, if there's a quota for idiots in Maryland's public school system, consider it filled.

Sheesh. Someone needs to find a cure for acute recto-cranial inversion.

[/rant]

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Too bad the school had no concern about how it would affect the young boy's self esteem. I noticed the the school said that this could be used as a leaning experience, well if he learned anything he probably learned how the elitist educationalist can be real jerks.

3. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This five-year-old perv should be locked up for the rest of his life in a maximum security prison with two cellmates named Bubba and Boomer. Either that, or executed by lethal injection, he's incurable.

Seriously, two things with his case - first, there's the PC undertones here, what you get when you assume children are just very young adults. The other, this is what can happen when there's any "zero-tolerance" policy, you're boxed in.

Two words: PRIVATE SCHOOL.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Common sense and good judgement seem to be disappearing from our elementary schools.:tear:

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

You're right.

I don't think it's horrible to teach children that they shouldn't pinch each other's behinds (I bugged a lot of fellow kids in my day, sorry to say) but when you stigmatize mere innocent playfulness with such a label, the result will backfire and kids will learn that what is called "sexual harrassment" is no big deal - kinda the wrong message.

It is horrible to even reprimand a kid for hugging a teacher's aide. Whatever happened to distinguishing between good and bad touching?

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

A 4 and 5 year old can not even know what sex is let alone harass anybody. The kids can not even understand why they are being punished. If you can not understand why you are being punished the punishment is ineffective.

In the case of the 5 year old, it is said that he put his head on the teacher aid's breast when he hugged her.

I think the teachers aid should have been suspended for thinking sexual thoughts. WHO thinks "sexual harassment" when a five year old hugges them. What kind of thoughs run through this "adults" head.

7. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, I was sexually harrassed by girls throughout grade school and didn't even know it at the time.

There are two seperate incidents, correct? This:

And:

All this teaches is a delayed contempt for authority when these kids get old enough to "understand".

There's a big problem with the Pre-K, K set, never trust a four-year-old, all animals:

It's not suspsension, no worries, according to the school officials, these are instead "learning opportunities". Sure are.

8. Joe

Joe New Member

I agree. The Teachers assistant should have been fired if she reported this as sexual harrassment. Something is wrong with her

#8 Joe, Dec 21, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2006
  9. Joe

Joe New Member

Sometimes these things can be a sign of child molestation (acting out sexually) so it's good to be aware. Some of these kids could be victims. Likely it's just playful experimentation.
    If not, a few of these kids may have been victimized twice.

10. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

It's true. Kids who have been molested will often extend their experiences to other kids. We need to keep in mind that the school has to have concern for all the kids, not just those who have been accused of harassment.

But a five-year-old, even a sexually-aggressive one, needs to be given care and understanding, not punishment. In an extreme case, there are procedures for ED kids, that permit others to be protected, while assuring the rights of the individuals who have trouble being around other kids.

"No tolerance" is the coward's way; a way of refusing to make decisions.

11. Joe

Joe New Member

I agree Galatian.

#11 Joe, Dec 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2006
  12. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

This is what happens when you take the responsibility for good judgment away from people. It is no longer the responsibility of the adults involved to excercise good judgment, the PC crowd has determined beforehand what should and should not be done in every case. When you have blanket policies like this, this is what happens.

I agree with you guys. Something is wrong with the adults in these cases. They have no common sense, no moral compass, and a glaring lack of good judgment.

While it is true thatsome kids who have been abused will act out, it is NOT true that EVERY five year old is "sexually aggressive".

C'MON NOW.....GET A GRIP PEOPLE!!!!