1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Still No Change From Obama And Just One More Campaign Lie

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a closely watched case involving rendition and torture, a lawyer for the Obama administration seemed to surprise a panel of federal appeals judges on Monday by pressing ahead with an argument for preserving state secrets originally developed by the Bush administration.

More Here

It is clear his word is not trustworthy.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

interesting article,

LOL

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I imagine Obama has been otherwise occupied and since it took so long to pass he head of Justice Department I wonder if he just wants to review what there and the implications from lifting the secrecy protection.

I guess time will tell...

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you know that since President Obama has not totally remade the federal government and not already done everything he campaigned on in 3 weeks that he is a failure, LeBuick? :laugh:

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I see Ken... Now that the plan has passed, they'll be posting how the economy isn't fixed... Tomorrow...

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Did he all of the sudden get stupid when he took the oath? During the campaign he knew enough about it to make promises about secrecy and transparency.

As for being otherwise occupied, presidents don't focus on this stuff. They have lawyers who do it and make recommendations.

Obama supporters are simply making excuses for another broken promise (which was a bad promise to begin with).

Nope, the economy won't be fixed for a long time. Without this package, it probably would have started coming around early summer to mid year, but now it will likely be extended longer.