1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

still not convinced

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Feb 3, 2007.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

it still feels like 10 years from now, there won't even be a venue for family-decent entertianment supporting the moral standards of our faith and comfort, meaning I won't have a paying audience to view my work, if I have an audience at all...

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Uncharted,

if you look at which movies actually make alot of money in the box office, you will find that the "cleaner" ones usually win hands down. There's more hype over the nasty movies, but all that hype comes from Hollywood, not the actual paying public.

Please don't get discouraged from providing wholesome entertainment. If this is what God wants you to do, and you are a benefit to the cause of Christ, than He will provide the support you need financially.

3. UnchartedSpirit

[SIZE=-1]guess again:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/boxoffice/weekend/bycgross/

Charlotte's Web only made #9, though I don't really know about the story, it's the only G-rated movie in the theatres. time has changed, and all the wise generations are going to be gone when I'm finally grown....
    [/SIZE]

4. Heel4Christ

Heel4Christ New Member

UncharteredSpirit,
    There is actually a growing market for wholesome entertainment. Movies like Facing the Giants have been quite successful. They may not be as financial successful as their worldly counterparts, but that is to be expected because most people of this world will not enjoy them (Mt 7:14). However the one's who have found the straight and narrow will appreciate your work. Moreover, your work may help keep Christians from slipping into worldly ways. Good luck in whatever you're trying to do.

5. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree 100%. Keep on making the wholesome, family movies.
    Faithgirl

6. UnchartedSpirit

....but will they allow it to keep growing 50 years from now when you're all not there to stop them from doing otherwise?

7. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not know. I do know that I enjoy the clean movies more thean I di the adult ones. Nothing makes a movie nasty quicker than somebody taking God's Name in Vain. I left a movie last June due to that factor and asked for my money back. I know that there are more people who want to see family friendly movies.
    Faithgirl

8. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I just saw this again.........you really can't judge all of movie-going futures based on Charlotte's Web. In general G and PG rated movies do better, and in fact stay well-attended longer, because families want to be able to take their kids to something. The success (or non-success) of Charlotte's Web is just one example. Look at "Antz", "Its a Bugs Life", "Toy Story", the Narnia movie, on and on and on.

And honestly, if you are called to provide Godly entertainment than do so whether the world decides it ought to be popular or not. I just don't want you to be discouraged if this is truly what God wants you to do. Perhaps your ministry will be more to the Christian sphere than the secular one. Perhaps you will never be as rich or well-known as the secular producers, but if this is what God wants for you than you must obey.

Of course, this is dependent on the notion that this really is what God wants for your life.

9. UnchartedSpirit

you know what....thinking over all the celelbrity status that I wanted with my profession and what it takes.....I really don't want it anymore....I can accept this now.....thanks everyone