1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Still waiting on a answer....

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Jarthur001, Feb 15, 2007.

1. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Blammo, you would agree that God has no obligation to extend grace to any sinner, right? Then why would it upset you that some do not "get the benefit of grace"??? Are you trying to project your sense of justice on to God?

2. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I said: "That is way better than what I thought you were saying. The idea that some unbelieving sinner, deserving of hell (as we all were), does not get the benifit of grace, and is not enabled to hear and understand the gospel, is a whole lot easier to accept than what I thought you were saying."

What I was objecting to is not even contained in my comment. The part you quoted from it is "a whole lot easier to accept".

3. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

Extending Grace to all:

Hebrews 2:9. But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, {namely,} Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

I Timothy 2: 6. who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony {given} at the proper time.

I Timothy 4:10. For it is for this we labor and strive, because we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.

Here we are talking about "death" as the ransom for all men, especially of believers. This death is by the Grace of God.

So, this death that is a ransom for all and the ransomed one the Savior - is the savior of all men, especially of believers = God's Grace.

God's Grace is for all mankind and especially of believers. What a wonderful God we serve.

How About That.

4. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Don't forget this verse:

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

That sounds like 'resisting grace' to me.

Gordon, I did not say I accept 'God's grace not being extended to all men', I simply stated it "was easier to accept than what I thought" a certain person was saying.

5. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

Sorry I miss understood you - Thanks for drawing my attention to that. :saint: Gordon.