1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Stop-n-Frisk ICE style

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

BTW, I meant to thank you for that comment and in my rush this morning, didn't do so. It was deeply appreciated.

Yes, I do try to remain aware of the bias of various news outlets. It's quite frustrating, but also quite amusing to watch and know ahead of time what spin will be put on a story.
    If you have time and watch close enough, you can predict when someone is about to quit or change who they work for. My personal favorites are those the stations and papers pretend to punish but really don't. That cracks me up...they come out with something that causes an uproar, get sent to the back page until things die down, then pop up again a year or three later and do it again. I used to keep track when I had more time - definitely interesting, like a giant game of chess.

2. Archie the Preacher

Gina...

Why do you assume I know nothing about the situation?

I served six years as a Border Patrol Agent. I've arrested more illegal entrants than you've ever seen - unless you work in the same field. Just for the record, I've bought lunch for more illegals than you've seen as well.

I've arrested Mexicans, El Salvadorenos, Guatemaltecos, one Colombian, three sub-continent Indians, a couple from Hong Kong and one Canadian Quebecois. I also arrested and prosecuted several 'white' American citizens for alien smuggling. Don't lecture me about 'profiling'. In fact, don't even bring it up.

When I said a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, I mean exactly that. Does anyone know the meaning of the word 'profiling'? Can anyone here relate "Terry vs. Ohio" in this context? Yes? No? Anyone have an idea about 'probable cause' or 'reasonable cause'?

A law enforcement officer speaking to a 'dark skinned person' does NOT constitute 'profiling', which seems to be the conclusion of many 'news' outlets.

I do look at Al Jezeera news, by the way. They do have news stories not seen in the U. S. I also look at BBC news and a Jewish news site or two as well. I don't check any American leftist news sites; I get enough leftist news from Public Radio in between the classical music to satiate me.

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Take a few deep breaths Archie.

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

I think better advise would be for you to get a clue. You don't have one. Listen to the man. He's been there. I can tell from your posts, you ain't.