1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stop Struggling

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Jan 2, 2005.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Flesh gives birth to flesh, but...Spirit gives birth to Spirit" (John 3:6 NIV).

If you want to see God's promise fulfilled in your life this year, don't rush things - or you might give birth to an Ishmael! Ishmael was born because Sarah tried to orchestrate events and bail God out. And the world's been living with the consequences ever since. Be sure that your plans are born of God's Spirit. Don't try to salvage anything that's flesh-based. God said, "My covenant will I establish with Isaac" ( Genesis 17:21), because Isaac was the result of God's will, done God's way, in God's time.

Jesus said, "Flesh gives birth to flesh, but... Spirit gives birth to Spirit." Everything that's conceived in you comes from one of two sources; the flesh or the Spirit. People will try to involve you in all kinds of schemes to rescue and promote yourself. But God doesn't need help to bless you; He can do it all by Himself. That's why, whenever Satan attacks, you need to be able to point him to your spiritual birthplace and remind him that you didn't begin this project, therefore you don't have to finish it. What God ordains, He sustains!

So today if God's dealing with carnality, pride or any other obstacle in your path, don't get in His way. Like rescuing a drowning man who's frantically trying to save himself, until you stop flailing around God can't do anything for you. Give it up! Try less and trust more! The Bible says, "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion" ( Philippians 1:6 NIV). So relax and stop struggling!

------------------

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]

2. Hamtramck_Mike

Hamtramck_Mike New Member

The right message at the right time Adam! Thank you so very much! Right now God is telling me for my situation, DO NOTHING MICHAEL!! DO NOTHING!! But every fiber in my weak flesh is wanting me to push, to act! Why is this so? I have the example of Scripture to look to, but yet my flesh tells me to do SOMTHING, ANYTHING! But God is telling me loud and clear: DO NOTHING MICHAEL!! I WILL TAKE CARE OF THIS FOR YOU!! RELAX! WHY DO YOU NOT TRUST ME? WHERE IS YOUR FAITH?