1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Story of Faith

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by pocadots1990, Mar 13, 2008.

1. pocadots1990

pocadots1990 Member

Philippians 4:19 says "But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

I know that we could probably quote that without really giving thought to this verse. This past Sunday, God truly did supply a need we have had.

I pastor a church of about 25 members and the outside of the church looks like a dog having mainge. The building has been like this for the past 10 to 15 years. The project would cost a good sum of money and we just didn't have it. Also, we did not want to have to take out a loan for this either. So, we have been praying a saving little by little.

On Sunday morning, our Financial Secretary shared with me after counting the offering, that someone contributed a large sum of money (about 95% of the cost of the repairs) towards our building fund. When she told me this, I was shouting for joy. (We have prayer before our Sunday School every week and we have just been praying about the building that morning)

I told the church that night and one of the members thought I had gone crazy. Wednesday night before church, the trustee board, contractor and me met concerning what we wanted. The decision that would cause the most division on something like this is picking out the color. The women on the Trustee board agreed to a color withing 10 minutes. (That's a record in itself) :laugh:

Lord willing, the contractor will be starting on the job next week.

After church last night, we were talking and the area of faith came up. The one who donated the funds lives a life who is living by faith.

God will supply your needs when you least expect it. We just need to trust him no matter what.

:godisgood: ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

Praise God!!!

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've seen that time and time again in our church. If God is in it, it will happen if we allow God to get the glory. You didn't push, you didn't fundraise, you didn't cajole and guilt your congregants. Praise the Lord!