1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strange Dream

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jon-Marc, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I know nothing about that situation.

2. Harold Garvey

Harold Garvey New Member

Didn't ask if you did, I was incorporating your way of thinking and applying it to that situation.

She never came back speaking like that, her admission was that she didn't even know what she said, she was just "obeying the spirit".:sleep:

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Jon Marc,
    I too have had several spiritual dreams. One in particular I will never forget, but in each one there is a very strong evil spirit pulling me toward it, but each time I called on the name of Christ and His authority and the evil spirit could not have me.

Were these dreams from God? I don't know, but I thanked God each time for the power He took over me in protecting me from evil. It may have been just me dreaming stuff and that's ok because it showed me where my heart is even when I sleep. :saint:

:godisgood:

4. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

"out of the abundance of the HEART, the hand writeth." (Mt. 12:34, MDV)

I have not prematurely judged you. You have made 130 posts on this board- of which at least a third are whining about how other posters have responded to you. You have managed to alienate at least 7 (probably more who just roll their eyes and move on) long-time posters. You call us out about "tenderheartedness" but you yourself use ungraceful
    language. To wit- "I am sure mattew 7 will have its due course in your life, Jesus did promise what you measure out will be measured unto you again."

You come across as a fifth-grader. That's just the plain truth as several people here see it. Just because YOU cannot see that does not make US wrong.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is becoming a nightmare, for certain sure. :sleeping_2:

Careful to deal with the op. Debate the biblical issue, not civil rights, etc.

:BangHead:

6. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Sorry, sir!

As to the OP- I don't do dreams, so I'll bow out here.

7. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not so sure this dream was a Baptist thing...After all... some were dancing [​IMG] at the end of it.

#27 Benjamin, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
  8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

A friend of mine was a missionary in an African country for a long time. He told me about the time a man had a dream about Jesus and he had never heard of Jesus before. One of the missionaries went to the village and they found each other. The missionary told the man about the Jesus he had a dream about and the man receive Jesus Christ.

9. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have to go with Dr. Bob. If you like we can start another thread and discuss civil rights and christianity.

As far as the dream. I believe that dreams can be spiritual. Though I wouldn't know how to interpret them. I also know that dreams are a result of experiences and how your brain is fireing at any given moment. I had a dream many years ago while living in Kenya. I was flying a cesna over Lake Victoria and the engine gave out. The plane began to fall earthward and I prayed to God "Father, I'm ready to see you, but please don't let me feel the pain of impact" at that moment the sky split in two and I heard "well done good and faithful servant" and I was with God. Now I enjoyed that dream and it was an encouragement for what my future hope is in. But beyond that I have no other thoughts about that dream.

10. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

With so quite a number of books being written about the easiest way to grow a church it has taught people and pastors to be dreamers rather than doing the heard work. It is much like a farmer dreaming of a big crop without planting seed and doing what it takes to produce a crop.

Because of this it should not surprise us if dreaming increases.

Pastors are encouraged to come up with a vision when Jesus already gave the vision and command in Mt. 28:19, 20.

Acts 2:17-18, `And it shall be in the last days,' God says, `That I will pour forth of My Spirit on all mankind; And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, And your young men shall see visions, And your old men shall dream dreams; even on My bondslaves, both men and women, I will in those days pour forth of My Spirit And they shall prophesy."

#30 gb93433, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
  11. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

If we could give REP points here, I'd give you REP points.

12. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I have no idea what that has to do with my dream, or what the discussion about civil rights has to do with it.

To the Moderators: Since this has strayed away from what I posted, please close this. No one has anything worthwhile to say about it anyway. You can even delete it if you want. I apologize for posting it since Baptists seem to have forgotten or want to deny Acts 2: 17. That and the fact that I was condemned by Baptist deacons in two different Baptist churches for divorcing my adulterous wife, I'm considering changing to non-denominational.

#32 Jon-Marc, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
  13. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am sorry that your post turned out this way. I thought the one response about what the dream meant was done very well.

I am a Baptist deacon, and if it were up to me, the deacons you talked about in the two churches would be on the next train to the Vatican. What you did with your former wife is between you and the Lord. It was none of their business. No telling what sin is in the life of those who accused you.

Another point, if I was a moderator, I would have banned Harold Garvey he day before he joined.

Your thread was fine. I enjoy your posts.

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.