1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Strange Things Going on at Kentucky

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Tom Butler, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Mighty strange.

Kentucky's football Wildcats defeated Vanderbilt 38-26 today to assure a bowl appearance for the first time since 1999. The Cats had 575 yards total offense. QB Andre Woodson passed for 429 yds and 4 TDS.

This makes Kentucky 6-4 overall, 4-3 in the SEC and guarantees at least a 500 season. Next week, UK plays Louisiana-Monroe, a game you'd have to figure they'll win.

One thing to worry about--defense. Vandy had 600 yds total offense an 431 passing.

We Kentucky fans are in a strange situation. We're not used to UK winning. Let's enjoy the moment.

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm always glad to see underdogs come up with a good season. Congrats!

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Kudos to UK. I'm happy for Randy Sanders, your QB coach, especially.
    It's going to be interesting to see how many SEC teams are bowl eligible. Stay tuned.

4. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, I predicted them to go to a bowl in an earlier thread at the start of the season and others laughed at me especially SBC Pastor.

Wouldn't be awesome to see them upset UT in the finale? The only game they looked horrible in this season was LSU. I think they could even be better next year.

And the UK basketball team opens up next week. I plan on coming home to KY for a week during Christmas and hope to be able to go to a basketball game at Rupp on 22 Dec (Fri) versus UMASS. Does anyone in KY have connections to get some tix? Thanks.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to the Wildcats on having a good season.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

No :thumbs: I'll be at the game and I want to have a good time :)

7. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

TomVols, I was born and raised in West Tn, so I still have some orange in my blood. My entire family is still there, and you know whom their pulling for.

I hope you have a good time, and I'll have a good time if Kentucky can keep up with them for three quarters.